Little City Foster Care & Adoption Program
Address: 700 N Sacramento Blvd Suite 201
Chicago, IL 60612
Little City’s Center for Family & Community-Based Services provides services to children in foster care who have been identified by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (IDCFS) as having been abused or neglected. As part of our mission, Little City is committed to recruiting and supporting foster/adoptive families to provide loving homes for children with autism and other intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We are searching for welcoming homes and loving parents regardless of age, race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender-identification, income or education level.
Why choose Little City to become a foster/adoptive parent?
- For 20 years, Little City’s foster care/adoption program has provided innovative, individualized and community-based treatment to our children and their families
- The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) recognizes Little City as the first foster care and adoption agency in Illinois to obtain cultural competence in serving the LGBT community.
- Over 90% of children living in Little City foster or adoptive homes remain in the same home
- Little City hosts customized pre-licensing training to all prospective foster/adoptive parents
- We offer comprehensive case management services and treatment
- An extensive foster parent to foster parent support and mentoring network