Train to be a Medical Assistant at Erie Family Health Centers through the National Institute for Medical Assistant Advancement (NIMAA).
To apply by July 17 for the September 2020 term, visit: erie.health/apply-nimaa
- Apply today! Class space is limited.
- Classes run from September 2020 to April 2021
- Students must spend at least 240 hours in clinic
- As it is a part-time program, many students keep an outside job in addition to their MA education
- Applicants must have high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Students must be 18 years of age by completion of the program
- Non-Refundable Application fee: $25
- Tuition: $6,000*
- Other Costs: $760
*$6,000 Tuition will be fully covered by Erie Family Health Centers if the student agrees to work for
Erie for a minimum of 2,500 paid hours upon successful completion of the program. Loan
details available upon application.
Erie Family Health Centers’ MA Externship Sites:
Erie Division Street Health Center – 2418 W. Division Street, Chicago IL 60622
Erie Helping Hands Health Center – 4747 N. Kedzie Ave, Chicago IL 60625
Erie MA Training Program Coordinator: Victoria Fernandez | NIMAA@eriefamilyhealth.org
The National Institute for Medical Assistant Advancement (NIMAA)is a nonprofit education
institute that trains Medical Assistants to work effectively in today’s high-performing primary care settings. Students gain hands-on learning in leading primary care clinics, including Erie Family Health Centers.
Erie Family Health Centers currently trains more than 200 healthcare students and professionals each year, making it a leader in medical education. Erie is a nationally-recognized community health center with a respected 62-year history of providing high-quality, comprehensive health care to all members of the family. Erie now serves more than 80,000 patients at 13 state-of-the-art health centers across Chicago and the northern suburbs.