- This event has passed.
La Casa Norte’s Fresh Market
March 16 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Monday and Wednesday, repeating until December 30, 2020
La Casa Norte’s Fresh Market is a food pantry designed like a grocery store where low-income residents of Humboldt Park can browse the aisles for fresh, nutritious food for the whole family. The Fresh Market is operated in partnership with Lakeview Pantry and is located on the first floor of La Casa Norte’s Community Center at 3533 W. North Ave. Chicago, IL 60647. La Casa Norte’s Fresh Market is a welcoming and affirming place for all those in need of fresh food to take home. All services are accessible to both English and Spanish speakers.
The Fresh Market is open on Mondays and Wednesdays from 11am-3pm. Join us to shop the aisles of the Market if you reside within the following street boundaries:
Armitage Ave. (to the north), Chicago Ave. (to the south), Cicero Ave. (to the west), and Kedzie Ave. (to the east).
Call La Casa Norte at 773-276-4900 for more information, and stay tuned! Our service area will be growing soon.
Clients visiting the Fresh Market will also be eligible for Lakeview Pantry’s comprehensive social services including public benefits assistance, job search training, and mental health counseling, as well as La Casa Norte’s information and referral services.
What to bring to La Casa Norte’s Fresh Market:
We require the following every 6 months to verify household size and residency within our service area.
- Some kind of proof of address, which could include:
- Postmarked mail from the past 6 months with a household member’s name and address clearly displayed
- A utility bill from the last 6 months
- Consulate card within 6 months of issue-date
- A current lease
- Don’t have any of these? We can mail you a letter for you to bring back next time!
- Some kind of identification for each household member, which could include:
- Being present at the intake desk
- A government-issued ID
- Consulate card
- Library card
- Postmarked mail with name/address