Helpful Information on How ComEd Customers Can Save Energy, Stay Safe and Shop Wisely
The holidays are a great time for cheer, fun gatherings and decking the halls. ComEd offers customers tips to help them save and stay safe during the holidays.
Save Energy … Don’t Let the Grinch Steal Your Energy.
The grumpy, anti-holiday spirit Grinch may have been successful at stealing stuff from the residents of Whooville, but he could not steal their joy. Energy efficiency lighting is one way to fend off Grinchy costs. Here are a few tips to keep your holidays shiny and bright!
- Light up your home or business for the holidays by using energy-efficient ENERGY STAR certified decorative light strings. They use up to 75 percent less energy than conventional incandescent lights strands and are also cool to the touch.
- Power down all decorative lights when going to bed or leaving the house.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for the number of light strands than can be safely connected together.
Stay Safe … How to Avoid Clark Griswold-like Decorating Calamities This Holiday.
While Clark Griswold wanted to light up the holidays for his family, his decorating tactics led to calamity! Make your holidays joyful by playing it safe; Follow these few tips to light up your home safely.
- Be aware of all the power lines when decorating outdoors. Never work near overhead power lines or anywhere there is a possibility of contacting an overhead power line – either directly or indirectly – with a ladder or other piece of equipment.
- Do not string lights on outdoor trees that are growing near or into power lines.
- Ensure decorative lights used outside are approved for outdoor use.
- Hang outdoor lights with insulated staples or hooks instead of nails or tacks.
Shop Wisely … It’s a Wonderful Marketplace.
George Baily had to go to Mr. Potter for a loan, but by going to the ComEd Marketplace you can save money and energy. Visit the ComEd’s online Marketplace where you can shop and drop your energy costs.
- Invest in energy-efficient products – The Marketplace offers energy-efficient holiday lights, smart thermostats by Nest or ecobee and much more.
- Receive an instant rebate – The ComEd Marketplace is unique because it offers instant, point-of-purchase rebates on a curated set of competitively-priced energy management products, integrated customer support, and end-to-end fulfillment. With just a few clicks, ComEd customers can receive up to $100 discount on smart thermostats or save up to $30 off recommended six-packs of LED light bulbs. Visit www.ComEdMarketplace.com today to learn more.
Since launching in 2008, the ComEd Energy Efficiency Program has saved residential and business customers more than $2.7 billion in energy costs. To learn more about ComEd’s Energy Efficiency Program visit www.comed.com.
If you have a question about lowering your energy bills, we’ll give you some free advice. Just ask the Energy Doctor at ComEd.com/EnergyDoctor or submit a question to Energy.Doctor@ComEd.com.
ComEd wishes its customers and their families a happy, safe and energy-efficient holiday season!
Mark your calandars for CCL’s next Financial Club on September 14th from 5:45 – 7:30 pm! This month’s topic: Smart Ways to Budget for the Holidays. There will be food and we will also be raffling out gift cards. This workshop is FREE.
To RSVP, please contact:
Taller de Finanzas: Presupestar para la Temporada de Fiestas
Marca tus calendarios para CCL’s proximo Club de Finanzas el 14 de noviembre de 5:45 – 7:30 pm. La tema de este mes: Presupuestar para la Temporada de Fiestas. Habrá comida y también rifas de tarjetas de regalo. Este taller es GRATIS.
Para reservar un puesto contacta a: