1–25 of 47 items | Next »
ComEd Partners with Chicago Public High Schools to Launch Career Tour for Students
- Mar 13, 2017
- ComEd is partnering with Chicago Public Schools (CPS) to launch a tour to present internship and career opportunities to high school seniors.
Rowe Clark Senior Wins Distinguished Award
- Mar 9, 2017
- Rowe Clark Math & Science Academy high school senior, Fabio Moss, has gone above and beyond to support and enrich his community. In honor of his hard work, Fabio has been named the Boys and Girls…
Computer User Support Training Program: Applications being accepted!
- Jan 26, 2017
- The Center for Changing Lives (CCL) is currently accepting applications for a free Computer User Support Training Program, designed to assist students looking to increase their financial capacity and…
Student from Rowe Clark Recites Winning Poem at Too Hot to Handel
- Jan 23, 2017
- In celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Exelon provided tickets to students from Rowe Elementary School and the Exelon African American Resource Group to attend Too Hot to Handel: The…
Thousands Gather for Annual March for Life Chicago
- Sarah O'Hanian, Jan 15, 2017
- Activists gathered at the Federal Plaza on Adams Street to protest the 1972 Roe. v Wade Supreme Court decision which legalized abortion at the annual March for Life Chicago event.
Registration for the Roberto Clemente Little League/Chicago Park District is now open
- Jan 12, 2017
- 2017 Baseball and Softball Season is now open!
Erie Family Health Center Expanding HIV Services to its Albany Park Location
- Dec 31, 2016
- Lending Hands for Life program leads in improving clinical outcomes for Erie patients.
Register for Winter Programs at Simons Park.
- Judy Molloy, Dec 30, 2016
- Keep active and stay warm this winter at Simons Park!
Registration now open for Chicago Park District Winter Break Camps
- Chicago Park District, Dec 14, 2016
- When school is out, parks are in! Sign up now for Chicago Park District Winter Break Camps!
Applications Now Open for Chicago High School Teens Seeking Paid Apprenticeship & Internship Programs with After School Matters®
- Dec 9, 2016
- After School Matters® is now accepting teen applications for its Spring 2017 program session.
Registration for Chicago Park District Winter Programs Opens this week
- Dec 4, 2016
- Register for Chicago Park District programs starting Monday, December 5th!
UCSN Teacher, Student Recognized for Achievement
- UNO Charter School Network, Nov 14, 2016
- School Director Melissa Sweazy of UNO Charter School Network (USCN)’s Humboldt Park school, Esmeralda Santiago, was named Principal of the Year by the Illinois Network of Charter Schools (INCS)…
Girls in the Game Launches #GivingTuesday Campaign
- SommerAnn McCullough, Nov 8, 2016
- Girls in the Game launches their #GivingTuesday campaign for November 29 with the theme “Be a Superhero for A Girl.” They encourage supporters and community members to strike a superhero…
Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago to Offer Extended Hours During CPS Strike
- Sep 30, 2016
- In anticipation of a potential upcoming Chicago Teachers Union strike and subsequent closure of Chicago Public Schools, Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago has announced that a number of their Clubs…
ComEd Spotlights Solar Energy in Honor of Hispanic Heritage Month
- Sep 27, 2016
- Solar Spotlight program focuses on teaching Latino high school students about solar energy and STEM careers
Groundbreaking Ceremony for La Casa Norte’s Pierce House and Community Center in Humboldt Park
- Davina Martin, Aug 31, 2016
- Groundbreaking Ceremony for La Casa Norte’s Pierce House and Community Center in Humboldt Park
A tradition of being non-traditional
- Ellen Lindsey, Aug 10, 2016
- Maritza, a graduate of Greater West Town Wood Products Manufacturing Program, turns non-traditional skills into a great career, and looks ahead to growing her own business.
Applications Now Open for Chicago Paid Apprenticeship & Internship Programs with After School Matters®
- Aug 4, 2016
- After School Matters® is now accepting teen applications for its Fall program session. More than 350 programs in the arts, communications, science, sports and technology will be offered beginning…
Help a child succeed through ChildServ Back to School Backpack Drive
- Jul 20, 2016
- Donate a back pack now thru July 31st and help children be ready for the new school year!
Applications Now Open for Chicago High School Teens- After School Matters®
- Apr 18, 2016
- After School Matters ® is now accepting teen applications for its summer 2016 program session.
Calling all aspiring Musicians - 2016 Voices of Orange Talent Competition
- http://everytown.org/ and Street-Level Youth media, Mar 23, 2016
- 2016 Voices of Orange Competition. Entries Due by April 4; Grand Prize Includes $3,000, Opportunity to Perform at the Chicago Party for Peace for National Gun Violence Awareness Day on June 2, 2016.
One Summer Chicago Application Period Open
- Mar 23, 2016
- Youth 14-24 apply now through May 15, 2016.
MacCormac College to Host Fourth Annual Comedy Fundraiser
- Feb 16, 2016
- Learn 2 Laugh will star acclaimed comedian James Stephens III and Marc “Skippy” Price.
Humboldt Park Teens Now Have Greater Access to Primary Medical Care
- Feb 12, 2016
- February 10, 2016 – The Erie Teen Center, the Chicago area’s only freestanding health center providing specialized services just for teens and young adults, has moved, is expanding its…
MacCormac College Information Session. You don't want to miss it!
- Kimberly Allen, Feb 11, 2016
- Come learn about academic programs, student life, scholarships, financial aid opportunities, and how to apply for admission to become a student this summer!!
TO REGISTER CALL 312-922-1884 TODAY!!!
1–25 of 47 items | Next »
Log in and tell us what's new in the community. Be a voice for the community!