Civics, Goverment & Politics
1–25 of 39 items | Next »
Follow dog rules to keep Humboldt Park safe and avoid fines
- Chicago Park District, Apr 3, 2017
- Reminder to all Humboldt Park patrons: A City of Chicago ordinance requires dogs to be on leashes in public areas for the protection of fellow residents, as well as the dogs themselves.
The People's OPL (Obama Presidential Library)
- Valerie F. Leonard, Mar 31, 2017
- Members of the Obama Library CBA Coalition will be guests on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, April 3, 2017, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. Guests include Allegra…
Network 27 with Dwayne Bryant, President of Inner Vision
- Mar 20, 2017
- Network 27 is Hosted by Alderman Walter Burnett, Jr. of the 27th Ward.
Network 27 Airs the Second & Fourth Monday on CAN-TV channel 21 at 9:00 PM.
Thousands Gather for Annual March for Life Chicago
- Sarah O'Hanian, Jan 15, 2017
- Activists gathered at the Federal Plaza on Adams Street to protest the 1972 Roe. v Wade Supreme Court decision which legalized abortion at the annual March for Life Chicago event.
Pres. Jimmy Carter Urges Pres. Obama to Free Oscar Lopez Rivera Before He Leaves Office
- Alejandro Luis Molina, Dec 21, 2016
- Pres. Jimmy Carter urges Pres. Obama to free Oscar Lopez Rivera before he leaves office
Using Social Innovation to Drive Community Revitalization
- Valerie F. Leonard, Dec 16, 2016
- Attorney Marc J. Lane, Vice Chairman of the Cook County Commission on Social Innovation, will be a guest on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, December 19, 2016, from 2:00…
Where Sustainability Meets Environmental Justice
- Valerie F. Leonard, Dec 6, 2016
- Naomi Denise Davis, Founder of Blacks in Green TM , will be a guest on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, December 12, 2016, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
TIF Toolkit Launch on Nonprofit "U"
- Valerie F. Leonard, Nov 23, 2016
- Carolina Gaete and Cecile Carroll DeMello, Co-Directors of Blocks Together, will be guests on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, November 28, 2016, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30…
Settling for Misconduct: An Exploration of the Chicago Reporter’s Interactive Database of Police Misconduct Cases
- Valerie F. Leonard, Nov 17, 2016
- Susan Smith Richardson, the Editor and Publisher of The Chicago Reporter , will be a guest on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, November 21, 2016, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30…
Got A Call From The "IRS"? Beware of Phone Scams!
- Yolanda Ruiz, Sep 14, 2016
- "Taxpayers across the nation face a deluge of these aggressive phone scams. Don't be fooled by callers pretending to be from the IRS in an attempt to steal your money," said IRS Commissioner John…
Groundbreaking Ceremony for La Casa Norte’s Pierce House and Community Center in Humboldt Park
- Davina Martin, Aug 31, 2016
- Groundbreaking Ceremony for La Casa Norte’s Pierce House and Community Center in Humboldt Park
Hitting the “Reset” Button for North Lawndale
- Valerie F. Leonard, Apr 22, 2016
- Rodney Brown and Dennis Deer will be guests on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, April 25 from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Puerto Rican Cultural Center Launches Updated Website
- by Kevin Garcia, PRCC Tech Team, Mar 23, 2016
- The PRCC Tech Team has launched the new and improved website for the Puerto Rican Cultural Center. The website has been in development for the past year with updating and adding content that would…
LUCHA to Host “77 Proud” Financial Education Resource Fair
- LUCHA, Feb 2, 2016
- Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA) and Chicago City Treasurer Kurt Summers will host a “77 Proud” Financial Education Resource Fair on Saturday, February 6, 2016.
Gubernatorial candidates unite in calling Obama seeking the release of Oscar López Rivera
- translation by L. Alejandro Molina, Jan 6, 2016
- Producer Tito Román Rivera emphasized that all the candidates were willing to take part in the video and had no qualms with the proposed message (Archive / GFR Media)
Increasing Fundraising Through Transparency
- Valerie F. Leonard, Nov 25, 2015
- Join us for a lively discussion on how nonprofit organizations may increase their fundraising capacity through transparency and enhanced disclosure utilizing GuideStar Profiles. Our special guest…
Chicago Avenue Mural Project
- Tom Otto, Nov 23, 2015
- On October 19 and November 05, 2015 archi-treasures along with two community artist volunteers installed a sixteen panel mural on the corner of Chicago Avenue & St Louis Avenue. This mural or…
Keeping the Promise: A Virtual Teach-In On the Promise Neighborhoods Model
- Valerie F. Leonard, Nov 16, 2015
- Join us for a virtual teach-in as Michael McAfee, EdD, Vice President of the PolicyLink Promise Neighborhoods Institute, shares an overview of the evidence-based Promise Neighborhood Institute.
Revitalizing Neighborhoods Through Servitude and Innovation
- Valerie F. Leonard, Nov 8, 2015
- Determined to ensure that the loss of his brother through street violence was not in vain, Robert Douglas organized the S.O.N Foundation with the vision of making the Roseland community safer and…
Data Driven Justice: CTBA’s Ralph Martire Discusses Ways to Use Data to Bring About Social and Economic Equity
- Valerie F. Leonard, Nov 6, 2015
- Ralph Martire, the Executive Director of the Center for Tax and Budget Accountability (CTBA), will be a guest on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show.
Just Checking: Valerie F. Leonard discusses how nonprofits can maintain tax-exempt status
- Valerie F. Leonard, Oct 8, 2015
- In response to the growing number of nonprofit organizations losing tax-exempt status, Valerie F. Leonard, will discuss nonprofit compliance on the state and federal levels on the Nonprofit…
Dew the Right Thing: Habilitative Systems, Inc. CEO discusses mental health and more
- Valerie F. Leonard, Oct 5, 2015
- Donald J. Dew, the CEO of Habilitative Systems, Inc. (HSI), will be a guest on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, October 5, 2015, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Are Chicago's revitalizing Neighborhoods embarking on "a Harlem experience"
- Enrique Salgado Jr, Sep 11, 2015
- Some Chicago neighborhoods in recent years have begun to experience "revitalization". In many of those communities the struggle for revitalization has been hand in hand with the struggle against…
Think Big: UIC’s Kate Pravera Discusses the Next 5 Things in Nonprofit Management
- Valerie F. Leonard, Sep 10, 2015
- Kate Pravera, the Founder and Academic Director of the UIC Certificate in Nonprofit Management program, will be a guest on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, September 14,…
Ida's Swimming Pool, The History and Sociology of the Ida Crown Natatorium
- Alan D. Busch, Sep 3, 2015
- An analysis of the history and sociology of the Ida Crown Natatorium
1–25 of 39 items | Next »
Log in and tell us what's new in the community. Be a voice for the community!