News on Health, Healthcare, or Healthy choices
1–25 of 134 items | Next »
Hundreds of People Expected at Family Health Day with CountyCare
- Nov 14, 2013
- Free health screenings, flu immunizations, food and entertainment are available this Saturday at Dia de Salud Familiar (Family Health Day) at Dr. Jorge Prieto Family Health Center of Cook County.…
Mensaje de la Oficina de Salud de las Minorías en CMS
- Cara James, Directora de CMS OMH, Nov 14, 2013
- Informacion sobre el mercado de Seguros Médicos que ya ha comenzado! El periodo de inscripción termina el 31 de Marzo del 2014, y la cobertura de seguros comienza a partir del 1ero de…
“Turkey Chop”- a cutting-edge dining alternative to help food desert problem
- Stephanie Vazquez, Nov 12, 2013
- Turkey Chop gives a healthier dining experience to Humboldt Park visitors and residents as well as has a desire to create job awareness and inspiration.
Asking For Help?
- Kaila Edwards, Nov 12, 2013
- Whether you believe in government aid or not, access to food is necessary but where can you find it in Humboldt Park?
What About Recycling
- Josh Beard, Nov 12, 2013
- Humbodlt Park could use more options for their residents to recycle.
Hungry, Hungry Humboldt Park
- Michelle Nunes, Nov 11, 2013
- Humboldt Park takes pride in their Puerto Rican culture and food is a large part of that. The fact that these restaurants are so close in distance makes it easy for residents to eat the delicious but…
Muévete: Shaking Up Health Culture in Humboldt Park
- Cristian E. Nuno, Nov 10, 2013
- Find out how the Greater Humboldt Park Community Diabetes Empowerment Center is making a positive difference in the Humboldt Park community in getting citizens to re-think their perspective on health…
Get Fit For Free!
- Nov 9, 2013
- Free fitness class opportunities are being offered at various locations within Humboldt Park. Find out how one community members takes advantage of them.
Minority News: Inscripción Abierta de Medicare -Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio
- Nov 7, 2013
- A pesar que Medicare no es parte del Mercado de Seguros Medicos, este articulo describe preguntas frequentes y como puede ayudar la Ley del Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio (ACA por sus siglas en…
Free Program on Robotic Surgery at Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center
- Russell Milligan, Oct 11, 2013
- The benefits of robotic surgery are faster recovery, less pain, smaller incisions, barely visible scars, less blood loss and a shorter hospital stay. Learn more at the Oct. 24 program at the medical…
Join the Fun at Humboldt Park Walk and Play!
- Oct 3, 2013
- This Saturday, October 5, from 9-am to noon, activity stations will be set up along Division Street, Chicago Avenue, and Kedzie Avenue providing healthy fun for the whole family! Free and open to the…
Affordable Care Act (ACA) Marketplace is Here!
- Oct 2, 2013
- ACA Marketplace open for those seeking health insurance coverage
Enjoy Free Fitness Classes!
- Megan Hinchy, Oct 2, 2013
- Free Fitness Classes Everyday! Join the West Humboldt Park Development Council in starting a community fitness revolution. Shake your booty in our Hip-Hop Aerobics, Zumba, Line Dancing and Stepper's…
Summer Fun at West Humboldt Park Summer PlayStreets Events 2013
- Isaiah Ross, Oct 2, 2013
- The West Humboldt Park Development Council (WHPDC) organized 4 PlayStreets events in the West Humboldt Park Community on the following dates and locations:
August 5 - 3800 Block of West Ohio…
Chicago Plays! Playground Replacement Program Provides New Playground Equipment in West Humboldt Park
- Isaiah Ross, Oct 1, 2013
- The West Humboldt Park Development Council (WHPDC) and The Kells Park Advisory Committee (KPAC) submitted four applications requesting playground equipment replacements as part of the Chicago Plays…
Free West Humboldt Park Wellness Party
- Isaiah Ross, Sep 13, 2013
- “Quit Cheating on Your Health: commit to yourself” provides a “beneath the surface look” at how and why women turn to unhealthy choices to satisfy their hunger for a happy…
Come Take A Walk In Our Gardens!
- Sarah Finkel, Sep 5, 2013
- Growing Pride of Humboldt Park is a network of gardens in the greater Humboldt Area. This Saturday, September 7, we are featuring some of our gardening community in a garden walk! The walk or bike…
Girls in the Game Brings Sports, Health, and Leadership to Humboldt Park
- Dawn Kobel, Aug 21, 2013
- On July 25, 2013, Girls in the Game’s Summer Squad teen program visited New Life Community Church in Humboldt Park to host a sports, health, and leadership workshop for young girls. Girls in…
Strike Out Stroke™ is Coming to the Chicago White Sox on Sept. 15
- Larry Schaer, Aug 21, 2013
- Retreat & Refresh Stroke Camp has been conducting STRIKE OUT STROKE™ events to raise public awareness of the symptoms of stroke and the urgency of treatment. Presence Saints Mary and…
Free! Cooking Matters Classes: The Dish on Diabetes
- Isaiah Ross, Jul 29, 2013
- Free, healthy cooking classes begin on September 16, 2013, at Turkey Chop Gourmet Grill, 3506 West Chicago Avenue. Learn about healthy food choices and cooking options to manage and prevent diabetes.…
Volunteer for West Humboldt Park Summer PlayStreets Events!
- Isaiah Ross, Jul 23, 2013
- Summer PlayStreets 2013 is an initiative, which aims to activate city streets and outdoor public spaces to promote physical activity and safe play spaces for children and adults. As part of the…
West Humboldt Park Women Read for their Health
- Christy Prahl, Jul 17, 2013
- A group of west Humboldt Park women gathered for 6 weeks at the Richard M. Daley library to read and discuss a book together, enjoy fitness and nutrition demos, and become healthier in the process.
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Ranks in Top 20 Chicago Metro Hospitals in U.S. News & World Report
- Russell Milligan, Jul 16, 2013
- The medical center earned distinctions as high-performing in six specialties.
Tips for a safe 4th of July
- Jul 2, 2013
- The 4th of July holiday is not only a celebration of our country's freedom, but also a celebration of the joys of summer. Fun can quickly turn if you're not careful.
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Participates in New Program for Uninsured Cook County Adults
- Russell Milligan, Jun 28, 2013
- The program offers expanded insurance coverage through the Affordable Care Act, the new federal health care reform law, to individuals who meet specific criteria.
1–25 of 134 items | Next »
Tell us what's new in the community. You can even become an author and become a regular contributor to this portal.