News on Health, Healthcare, or Healthy choices
1–25 of 206 items | Next »
Cooking Matters at Erie Humboldt Park Health Center
- Aug 4, 2016
- Community members are invited to join Erie patients in free Cooking Matters classes at our Humboldt Park location (2750 W. North Avenue) starting on Thursday, August 18.
2016 Chicago Farmers Markets in Humboldt Park
- Jul 22, 2016
- Learn where and when you can visit Chicago various farmers markets.
Erie Family Health Center Offers Support Groups for People Affected by Breast Cancer
- Jun 8, 2016
- Starting this month, Erie Family Health Center will offer support groups for people who have been affected by breast cancer.
Exercise and Have Fun with Erie Family Health Center
- Jun 2, 2016
- Erie Family Health Center’s annual summer running club starts Monday, June 13!
Help for Community Members with Breast Cancer
- May 3, 2016
- Erie is collaborating with ALAS Wings , the Latina Association for Breast Cancer, to present ALAS on Wheels – The Mobile Salon at Erie Family Health Center’s West Town location.
New HIV Services Now Available at Erie Humboldt Park Health Center
- Apr 4, 2016
- Erie Family Health Center provides HIV/AIDS treatment and services through its award-winning Lending Hands for Life program , housed at Erie Humboldt Park Health Center. We now offer more services…
Consumer Reports Recognizes Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center in Video Guide to Stay Infection-Free in Hospitals
- Mar 9, 2016
- PSMEMC associates and medical staff provide tips to stay infection-free in hospitals
Passport to Wellness: Your Guide to Free Events in West Humboldt Park
- Megan Hinchy, Mar 3, 2016
- Let's get healthy together! Join us this spring for the Passport to Wellness Program! Passport to Wellness is a free 6 week program where we help you reach your health goals. This free program…
Humboldt Park Teens Now Have Greater Access to Primary Medical Care
- Feb 12, 2016
- February 10, 2016 – The Erie Teen Center, the Chicago area’s only freestanding health center providing specialized services just for teens and young adults, has moved, is expanding its…
LUCHA to Host “77 Proud” Financial Education Resource Fair
- LUCHA, Feb 2, 2016
- Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA) and Chicago City Treasurer Kurt Summers will host a “77 Proud” Financial Education Resource Fair on Saturday, February 6, 2016.
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Completes $2 Million Renovation of Center for Gastroenterology
- Jan 22, 2016
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center (PSMEMC) has opened the doors to a newly expanded Center for Gastroenterology following a $2 million renovation.
The new upgrades will improve the…
Presence Health Associate Receives Special Honor for Saving Abandoned Baby
- Nov 20, 2015
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center (PSMEMC) associate Teresa Alvarez received one of the hospitals highest honors this week for her role in saving the life of an abandoned baby Nov. 3.
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Receives Top Grade for Patient Safety
- Oct 30, 2015
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center (PSMEMC) has once again earned the nation’s top distinction for patient safety with an “A” grade from the Hospital Safety Score.…
Unique, Participatory Healthy Visioning Process for West Town
- Sep 29, 2015
- Non-traditional planning workshop to guide population health efforts is one of the first in Chicago.
Annual Community Fair - Saturday, October 10
- Sep 24, 2015
- Stop by St. Bernard Hospital, 326 West 64th Street, on Saturday, October 10 for the Annual Community Fair.
Get Healthy, Get Fit, Get Involved!
- Megan Hinchy, Sep 14, 2015
- The West Humboldt Park Development Council just released the Fall calendar of FREE events.
The events are held all throughout West Humboldt Park and are completely free. There are healthy…
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Receives American College of Cardiology Award for Cardiac Care
- Aug 20, 2015
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center(PSMEMC) received the American College of Cardiology’s NCDR ACTION Registry–GWTG Silver Performance Achievement Award for 2015, making…
Englehart Named President and CEO of Presence Health
- Aug 18, 2015
- Englehart Named President and CEO of Presence Health
"Bare is Best" - Crib Bumper Pad Exchange
- Kids In Danger, Jul 30, 2015
- On August 17 at the Humboldt Park Boathouse from 10-11AM, Kids in Danger and other partner associations organize a crib bumper drive.
Humboldt 5K and Community Resource Fair: Fun for the Whole Family!
- Megan Hinchy, Jul 28, 2015
- On August 29th, the inaugural Humboldt Park 5k is coming to Chicago! Enjoy a run through the beautiful park while wearing your new performance t-shirt.
Fitness 4 Kids Health Fair Comes to the Humboldt Park Community
- Nikki Way, Jul 22, 2015
- Association House of Chicago is pleased to announce its annual Fitness 4 Kids Health Fair.
National Kidney Foundation launches site to educate Hispanics/Latinos about kidney donation
- Jul 16, 2015
- We are excited to launch our bilingual website, Infórmate - Inform Yourself about living kidney donation and transplantation for Hispanics/Latinos.
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Selected to Join Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative
- Jul 16, 2015
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Selected to Join Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative
Association House of Chicago Dramatically Increases Prevention Programming with Funding from CDC
- Nikki Way, Jul 6, 2015
- Association House of Chicago has been awarded funds from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to provide HIV testing and prevention strategies to targeted high-risk communities on the West and South…
- Jun 25, 2015
- St. Bernard Hospital will host a blood drive on Thursday, July 9 from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at 326 West 64th Street. If you would like to donate, please call (877) 543-3768 to sign up.
1–25 of 206 items | Next »
Log in and tell us what's new in the community. Be a voice for the community!