News on Health, Healthcare, or Healthy choices
1–25 of 190 items | Next »
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Receives American College of Cardiology Award for Cardiac Care
- Aug 20, 2015
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center(PSMEMC) received the American College of Cardiology’s NCDR ACTION Registry–GWTG Silver Performance Achievement Award for 2015, making…
Englehart Named President and CEO of Presence Health
- Aug 18, 2015
- Englehart Named President and CEO of Presence Health
"Bare is Best" - Crib Bumper Pad Exchange
- Kids In Danger, Jul 30, 2015
- On August 17 at the Humboldt Park Boathouse from 10-11AM, Kids in Danger and other partner associations organize a crib bumper drive.
Humboldt 5K and Community Resource Fair: Fun for the Whole Family!
- Megan Hinchy, Jul 28, 2015
- On August 29th, the inaugural Humboldt Park 5k is coming to Chicago! Enjoy a run through the beautiful park while wearing your new performance t-shirt.
Fitness 4 Kids Health Fair Comes to the Humboldt Park Community
- Nikki Way, Jul 22, 2015
- Association House of Chicago is pleased to announce its annual Fitness 4 Kids Health Fair.
National Kidney Foundation launches site to educate Hispanics/Latinos about kidney donation
- Jul 16, 2015
- We are excited to launch our bilingual website, Infórmate - Inform Yourself about living kidney donation and transplantation for Hispanics/Latinos.
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Selected to Join Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative
- Jul 16, 2015
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Selected to Join Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative
Association House of Chicago Dramatically Increases Prevention Programming with Funding from CDC
- Nikki Way, Jul 6, 2015
- Association House of Chicago has been awarded funds from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to provide HIV testing and prevention strategies to targeted high-risk communities on the West and South…
- Jun 25, 2015
- St. Bernard Hospital will host a blood drive on Thursday, July 9 from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at 326 West 64th Street. If you would like to donate, please call (877) 543-3768 to sign up.
Become An Ambassador!
- Jun 12, 2015
- Rewarding Volunteer Opportunities Await at Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center
Presence Behavioral Health Offers New Summer Program for Teenagers
- Jun 12, 2015
- Serving Teens Who Experience Depression, Anxiety and School Issues
FREE Summer Events for the Whole Family!
- Megan Hinchy, Jun 8, 2015
- Join the West Humboldt Park Development Council for free events all summer long!
We have something for everyone including cooking classes for adults and families, fitness classes, a free hot meal…
May is Mental Health Awareness Month: Learn the facts
- May 5, 2015
- Learn the facts and find resources during Mental Health Awareness Month. #HopeStartsWithYou
Annual Compassion Parade to End Violence
- Isaiah Ross, Apr 1, 2015
- The Fourth Annual Compassion Parade will be held on Saturday April 18, 2015. The parade will begin at 10:00 AM and all volunteers/participants are encouraged to arrive at 9:45 AM for the parade…
West Side Slow Roll Into Spring: Exploring Our Communities
- Megan Hinchy, Mar 25, 2015
- Fun for the whole family! Spring is here and it is a perfect time to explore our community on a Slow Roll Bike ride through Humboldt Park.
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth, Rainbow Hospice and Palliative Care Offer Workshop for Grieving Adults
- Vicky Lekovish, Feb 11, 2015
- Participants will view the film, The Gifts of Grief," and a discussion will follow.
Sign Up for Small Business Workshop and Learn About the Leadership Development Academy!
- Isaiah Ross, Feb 9, 2015
- Please attend the upcoming Block Club Network Meeting on Tuesday, February 10 at 6 p.m. (Nia Family Center, 744 North Monticello Avenue). We have great presenters for this meeting!
No excuses: 30-minute, no-gym bodyweight workout
- Dec 15, 2014
- If you don't have time to get to the gym and/or don't have the room or money for equipment, there's no excuse not to be fit and healthy in 2015!
Successful Equity Express Training at the Center for Neighborhood Technology
- isaiah ross, Nov 17, 2014
- On October 23rd of 2014, 31 professionals in the nonprofit sector participated in the Equity Express Green Financial Education Train-the-Trainer Program at the Center for Neighborhood Technology…
C4 offers Mental Health First Aid Class in Spanish!
- Community Counseling Centers of Chicago (C4), Nov 7, 2014
- Community Counseling Centers of Chicago (C4) Lanza Primeros Auxilos de Salud Mental (Mental Health First Aid - MHFA) en español
‘Maintain Your Brain’ Program Set for November 5
- Vicky Lekovish, Oct 27, 2014
- Dr. Pandya will discuss brain power – men versus women. He will explain the difference gender makes in stroke symptoms and memory, along with ways to prevent or lessen your risk of stroke.
Orthopedic Specialists to Discuss Bone and Joint Health on October 29
- Vicky Lekovish, Oct 19, 2014
- The program will feature two orthopedic specialists on staff at Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center in Chicago.
Breast Cancer Awareness Program Set for October 23
- Vicky Lekovish, Oct 11, 2014
- A panel of experts will discuss the latest information about breast cancer, genetics, reconstructive surgery, methods to protect health and importance of early detection.
New Divvy Bike Share Stations Coming to West Humboldt Park
- Benjamin Gembler, WHPDC Intern, Oct 9, 2014
- West Humboldt Park residents will soon have another way to get around the neighborhood and take trips to other parts of Chicago. The City of Chicago recently made the announcement that the Divvy Bike…
Summer PlayStreets Events & Block Club Parties in West Humboldt Park
- Isaiah Ross, Oct 9, 2014
- The West Humboldt Park Development Council organized three PlayStreets events in partnership with Gads Hill Center and Block Club Network members for the West Humboldt Park community during the…
1–25 of 190 items | Next »
Log in and tell us what's new in the community. Be a voice for the community!