News on Health, Healthcare, or Healthy choices
1–25 of 142 items | Next »
Free Kells Park Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Isaiah Ross, Mar 13, 2014
- Come out and join the fun for the Annual Kells Park Easter Egg Hunt in West Humboldt Park! This free event will take place on April 18 at 2pm in Kells Park, located at 3201 West Chicago Avenue, at…
American Hearth Month- Think you don't have time to workout?
- Feb 19, 2014
- Strategies to help you incorporate physical activity into your daily life from the American Heart Association. (Videos in English & Spanish)
HeartFest 2014 Offers Free Screenings
- Russell Milligan, Feb 3, 2014
- 14th annual event features Zumba, prizes, healthy refreshments
Surgeon Performs Robotic Single-incision Hysterectomy at Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center
- Russell Milligan, Jan 28, 2014
- The benefits of robotic surgery are faster recovery, less pain, smaller incisions, barely visible scars, less blood loss and a shorter hospital stay.
FREE Cooking Classes
- Megan Hinchy, Jan 22, 2014
- Are you interested in cooking? Are you tired of making your family the same meals over and over again? Do you like things that are free? If you answered yes then you need to come join us for our free…
Sinai Urban Health Institute Launches Second Community Health Survey
- Sinai Urban Health Institute, Jan 3, 2014
- Sinai Urban Health Institute Launches Second Community Health Survey:
Data Captured Will Help Improve the Health of Chicago’s Most Vulnerable Communities
With support from The Chicago…
Keep your home clean the Green way!
- Dec 17, 2013
- Green cleaning is easy and can save you money! Get homemade, chemical-free recipes to replace some of your favorite cleaners.
Stay Warm and Stay Connected with Our Winter Wellness Events
- Megan Hinchy, Dec 5, 2013
- Don’t stay cooped up in your house all winter! Join the West Humboldt Park Development Council for some of our winter wellness events.
Hundreds of People Expected at Family Health Day with CountyCare
- Nov 14, 2013
- Free health screenings, flu immunizations, food and entertainment are available this Saturday at Dia de Salud Familiar (Family Health Day) at Dr. Jorge Prieto Family Health Center of Cook County.…
Mensaje de la Oficina de Salud de las Minorías en CMS
- Cara James, Directora de CMS OMH, Nov 14, 2013
- Informacion sobre el mercado de Seguros Médicos que ya ha comenzado! El periodo de inscripción termina el 31 de Marzo del 2014, y la cobertura de seguros comienza a partir del 1ero de…
“Turkey Chop”- a cutting-edge dining alternative to help food desert problem
- Stephanie Vazquez, Nov 12, 2013
- Turkey Chop gives a healthier dining experience to Humboldt Park visitors and residents as well as has a desire to create job awareness and inspiration.
Asking For Help?
- Kaila Edwards, Nov 12, 2013
- Whether you believe in government aid or not, access to food is necessary but where can you find it in Humboldt Park?
What About Recycling
- Josh Beard, Nov 12, 2013
- Humbodlt Park could use more options for their residents to recycle.
Hungry, Hungry Humboldt Park
- Michelle Nunes, Nov 11, 2013
- Humboldt Park takes pride in their Puerto Rican culture and food is a large part of that. The fact that these restaurants are so close in distance makes it easy for residents to eat the delicious but…
Muévete: Shaking Up Health Culture in Humboldt Park
- Cristian E. Nuno, Nov 10, 2013
- Find out how the Greater Humboldt Park Community Diabetes Empowerment Center is making a positive difference in the Humboldt Park community in getting citizens to re-think their perspective on health…
Get Fit For Free!
- Nov 9, 2013
- Free fitness class opportunities are being offered at various locations within Humboldt Park. Find out how one community members takes advantage of them.
Minority News: Inscripción Abierta de Medicare -Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio
- Nov 7, 2013
- A pesar que Medicare no es parte del Mercado de Seguros Medicos, este articulo describe preguntas frequentes y como puede ayudar la Ley del Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio (ACA por sus siglas en…
Free Program on Robotic Surgery at Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center
- Russell Milligan, Oct 11, 2013
- The benefits of robotic surgery are faster recovery, less pain, smaller incisions, barely visible scars, less blood loss and a shorter hospital stay. Learn more at the Oct. 24 program at the medical…
Join the Fun at Humboldt Park Walk and Play!
- Oct 3, 2013
- This Saturday, October 5, from 9-am to noon, activity stations will be set up along Division Street, Chicago Avenue, and Kedzie Avenue providing healthy fun for the whole family! Free and open to the…
Affordable Care Act (ACA) Marketplace is Here!
- Oct 2, 2013
- ACA Marketplace open for those seeking health insurance coverage
Enjoy Free Fitness Classes!
- Megan Hinchy, Oct 2, 2013
- Free Fitness Classes Everyday! Join the West Humboldt Park Development Council in starting a community fitness revolution. Shake your booty in our Hip-Hop Aerobics, Zumba, Line Dancing and Stepper's…
Summer Fun at West Humboldt Park Summer PlayStreets Events 2013
- Isaiah Ross, Oct 2, 2013
- The West Humboldt Park Development Council (WHPDC) organized 4 PlayStreets events in the West Humboldt Park Community on the following dates and locations:
August 5 - 3800 Block of West Ohio…
Chicago Plays! Playground Replacement Program Provides New Playground Equipment in West Humboldt Park
- Isaiah Ross, Oct 1, 2013
- The West Humboldt Park Development Council (WHPDC) and The Kells Park Advisory Committee (KPAC) submitted four applications requesting playground equipment replacements as part of the Chicago Plays…
Free West Humboldt Park Wellness Party
- Isaiah Ross, Sep 13, 2013
- “Quit Cheating on Your Health: commit to yourself” provides a “beneath the surface look” at how and why women turn to unhealthy choices to satisfy their hunger for a happy…
Come Take A Walk In Our Gardens!
- Sarah Finkel, Sep 5, 2013
- Growing Pride of Humboldt Park is a network of gardens in the greater Humboldt Area. This Saturday, September 7, we are featuring some of our gardening community in a garden walk! The walk or bike…
1–25 of 142 items | Next »
Tell us what's new in the community. You can even become an author and become a regular contributor to this portal.
from community blogs
Apr 14, 2014
From Every Person Is a Philosopher
Apr 1, 2014
From La Respuesta
Mar 26, 2014
From La Respuesta
» More local blog news