News on Health, Healthcare, or Healthy choices
1–25 of 197 items | Next »
LUCHA to Host “77 Proud” Financial Education Resource Fair
- LUCHA, Feb 2, 2016
- Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA) and Chicago City Treasurer Kurt Summers will host a “77 Proud” Financial Education Resource Fair on Saturday, February 6, 2016.
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Completes $2 Million Renovation of Center for Gastroenterology
- Jan 22, 2016
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center (PSMEMC) has opened the doors to a newly expanded Center for Gastroenterology following a $2 million renovation.
The new upgrades will improve the…
Presence Health Associate Receives Special Honor for Saving Abandoned Baby
- Nov 20, 2015
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center (PSMEMC) associate Teresa Alvarez received one of the hospitals highest honors this week for her role in saving the life of an abandoned baby Nov. 3.
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Receives Top Grade for Patient Safety
- Oct 30, 2015
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center (PSMEMC) has once again earned the nation’s top distinction for patient safety with an “A” grade from the Hospital Safety Score.…
Unique, Participatory Healthy Visioning Process for West Town
- Sep 29, 2015
- Non-traditional planning workshop to guide population health efforts is one of the first in Chicago.
Annual Community Fair - Saturday, October 10
- Sep 24, 2015
- Stop by St. Bernard Hospital, 326 West 64th Street, on Saturday, October 10 for the Annual Community Fair.
Get Healthy, Get Fit, Get Involved!
- Megan Hinchy, Sep 14, 2015
- The West Humboldt Park Development Council just released the Fall calendar of FREE events.
The events are held all throughout West Humboldt Park and are completely free. There are healthy…
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Receives American College of Cardiology Award for Cardiac Care
- Aug 20, 2015
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center(PSMEMC) received the American College of Cardiology’s NCDR ACTION Registry–GWTG Silver Performance Achievement Award for 2015, making…
Englehart Named President and CEO of Presence Health
- Aug 18, 2015
- Englehart Named President and CEO of Presence Health
"Bare is Best" - Crib Bumper Pad Exchange
- Kids In Danger, Jul 30, 2015
- On August 17 at the Humboldt Park Boathouse from 10-11AM, Kids in Danger and other partner associations organize a crib bumper drive.
Humboldt 5K and Community Resource Fair: Fun for the Whole Family!
- Megan Hinchy, Jul 28, 2015
- On August 29th, the inaugural Humboldt Park 5k is coming to Chicago! Enjoy a run through the beautiful park while wearing your new performance t-shirt.
Fitness 4 Kids Health Fair Comes to the Humboldt Park Community
- Nikki Way, Jul 22, 2015
- Association House of Chicago is pleased to announce its annual Fitness 4 Kids Health Fair.
National Kidney Foundation launches site to educate Hispanics/Latinos about kidney donation
- Jul 16, 2015
- We are excited to launch our bilingual website, Infórmate - Inform Yourself about living kidney donation and transplantation for Hispanics/Latinos.
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Selected to Join Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative
- Jul 16, 2015
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Selected to Join Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative
Association House of Chicago Dramatically Increases Prevention Programming with Funding from CDC
- Nikki Way, Jul 6, 2015
- Association House of Chicago has been awarded funds from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to provide HIV testing and prevention strategies to targeted high-risk communities on the West and South…
- Jun 25, 2015
- St. Bernard Hospital will host a blood drive on Thursday, July 9 from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at 326 West 64th Street. If you would like to donate, please call (877) 543-3768 to sign up.
Become An Ambassador!
- Jun 12, 2015
- Rewarding Volunteer Opportunities Await at Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center
Presence Behavioral Health Offers New Summer Program for Teenagers
- Jun 12, 2015
- Serving Teens Who Experience Depression, Anxiety and School Issues
FREE Summer Events for the Whole Family!
- Megan Hinchy, Jun 8, 2015
- Join the West Humboldt Park Development Council for free events all summer long!
We have something for everyone including cooking classes for adults and families, fitness classes, a free hot meal…
May is Mental Health Awareness Month: Learn the facts
- May 5, 2015
- Learn the facts and find resources during Mental Health Awareness Month. #HopeStartsWithYou
Annual Compassion Parade to End Violence
- Isaiah Ross, Apr 1, 2015
- The Fourth Annual Compassion Parade will be held on Saturday April 18, 2015. The parade will begin at 10:00 AM and all volunteers/participants are encouraged to arrive at 9:45 AM for the parade…
West Side Slow Roll Into Spring: Exploring Our Communities
- Megan Hinchy, Mar 25, 2015
- Fun for the whole family! Spring is here and it is a perfect time to explore our community on a Slow Roll Bike ride through Humboldt Park.
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth, Rainbow Hospice and Palliative Care Offer Workshop for Grieving Adults
- Vicky Lekovish, Feb 11, 2015
- Participants will view the film, The Gifts of Grief," and a discussion will follow.
Sign Up for Small Business Workshop and Learn About the Leadership Development Academy!
- Isaiah Ross, Feb 9, 2015
- Please attend the upcoming Block Club Network Meeting on Tuesday, February 10 at 6 p.m. (Nia Family Center, 744 North Monticello Avenue). We have great presenters for this meeting!
No excuses: 30-minute, no-gym bodyweight workout
- Dec 15, 2014
- If you don't have time to get to the gym and/or don't have the room or money for equipment, there's no excuse not to be fit and healthy in 2015!
1–25 of 197 items | Next »
Log in and tell us what's new in the community. Be a voice for the community!