news and event coverage around education in the Humboldt Park Community: Pre-K, elementary, High School, Colleges.
1–25 of 300 items | Next »
UNO Charter School Network High School Fair
- Oct 12, 2015
- Over 500 parents and students attended the 4th Annual High School fair hosted by UNO Charter School Network (UCSN) at Soccer Academy High School on Wednesday, September 30.
Clemente Freshman Algebra start with Spaghetti
- Isabella Garcia-Ding and Reem Fakhoury, Sep 28, 2015
- The freshmen class started their year in Algebra with marshmallows, dried spaghetti and tape! Although these might be some interesting ingredients for an odd dish, they were actually supplies for a…
Leadership Retreat & Summer Professional Development
- Roberto Clemente Community Academy, Sep 27, 2015
- The staff at Roberto Clemente spent their summer getting ready to greet our future and current Wildcats by developing our own leadership capacity, a rigorous curriculum, and an array of student…
Congressman Gutiérrez Opens Tour of Schools at Clemente
- Roberto Clemente Community Academy, Sep 24, 2015
- As the first stop on a tour of schools in his district, Congressman Luis V. Gutiérrez visited Roberto Clemente Community Academy on Tuesday, September 22.
Roberto Clemente Media Center
- RCCA, Sep 21, 2015
- The RCCA World Media Center is an area within our school housing multiple tools to assist our students in creating dynamic, media-driven projects.
Updating Your Skills: Success for Nancy at Greater West Town
- Ellen Lindsey, Sep 17, 2015
- Proof positive that adult education works to get people working! Read Nancy's story of success, in celebration of National Adult Education and Family Literacy Week. Then call Greater West Town and…
Sowing Seeds of Greatness: Critical Success Factors for Improving College Retention Rates Among Urban Youth
- Valerie F. Leonard, Aug 27, 2015
- Kimberly George, a Teen Worker/College Readiness Specialist with CYC ABC Polk Brothers Youth Center, will be a guest on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, August 31, 2015,…
Back to School Helpful Tips
- M. Concepcion, Aug 24, 2015
- Back to School is here! Time to get in the mood for academic fun and learning. Here are some helpful tips for a smooth and productive school year.
The Chicago Cuatro Orchestra offers free music classes
- Jose Vazquez, Aug 13, 2015
- Starting October 5 of 2015 We are starting a new Beginners and Intermediate class for the community.
Chicago Job Vacancies Rise at the Fastest Rate in Court Reporting
- Aug 7, 2015
- An independent study by Ducker Worldwide reveals that by 2018, there will be a demand for over 1,900 court reporters in Chicago.
There's a Coquí in My Shoe! Book Reading & Signing and Family Workshop
- Aug 6, 2015
- An amazing Free of Charge Family Event at The National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts & CUlture! Meet the author, enjoy this beautiful children's book and the Family Workshop.
"Bare is Best" - Crib Bumper Pad Exchange
- Kids In Danger, Jul 30, 2015
- On August 17 at the Humboldt Park Boathouse from 10-11AM, Kids in Danger and other partner associations organize a crib bumper drive.
Connecting the Dots
- Valerie F. Leonard, Jul 29, 2015
- Dan Bassill, President and CEO of Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC, will be a guest on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, August 3, 2015, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Nonprofit…
Fitness 4 Kids Health Fair Comes to the Humboldt Park Community
- Nikki Way, Jul 22, 2015
- Association House of Chicago is pleased to announce its annual Fitness 4 Kids Health Fair.
Reason to Give is now accepting applications for motivated adults who want to change their lives
- Shannon Medic Young, Executive Director, Jul 22, 2015
- Reason to Give empowers people to transform their lives and set their own paths to success. Our goal: to give motivated people everything they need to achieve their goals, both in their homes and in…
The People's TIF's
- Valerie F. Leonard, Jul 1, 2015
- Carolina Gaete and Cecile Carroll DeMello, Co-Directors of Blocks Together, will be guests on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, July 6, 2015, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. …
APPLY NOW: Youth-Led Tech Program | Summer 2015
- Jun 17, 2015
- “Youth-led Tech | Summer 2015” is a technology mentoring program in five Chicago neighborhoods: Austin, Englewood, Humboldt Park, North Lawndale, and Roseland. Youth will learn how to use…
Become An Ambassador!
- Jun 12, 2015
- Rewarding Volunteer Opportunities Await at Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center
Presence Behavioral Health Offers New Summer Program for Teenagers
- Jun 12, 2015
- Serving Teens Who Experience Depression, Anxiety and School Issues
Interested in starting a non-profit? Consider the Emerging Nonprofit Certificate Training
- Jun 8, 2015
- Learn how to fund and develop a nonprofit.
Registration Open for City Colleges of Chicago Summer and Fall 2015 Terms
- City Colleges of Chicago, May 29, 2015
- Chicagoans who want a quality, affordable education to prepare for further college or career can register now for the Summer and Fall 2015 semesters at City Colleges of Chicago, including Wright…
Put Your Summer to Work!
- Ellen Lindsey, May 28, 2015
- Greater West Town's Wood Products Manufacturing Training prepares individuals in 15 weeks for entry-level positions as skilled cabinetmaker apprentices, bench carpenters, machine operators, CNC…
ChiArts Offers Summer Camps for Children
- May 23, 2015
- The Chicago High School for the Arts (ChiArts) located in Humboldt Park is excited to introduce a new summer program for children in grades K through 8 this July.
Opportunity Rolls in for Greater West Town Graduate
- Ellen Lindsey, Apr 16, 2015
- Technical skills means well-paid jobs means money for purchases, and ... look what Adrian bought, just read!
Help fund the Chicago Cuatro Orchestra Project's May 2015 Performance Tour to Puerto Rico
- CCO Project Volunteer, Apr 3, 2015
- The CCO Project describes their current efforts through kickstarter to fundraise the rest of the money for their May 2015 Performance Tour to Puerto Rico.
1–25 of 300 items | Next »
Log in and tell us what's new in the community. Be a voice for the community!