news and event coverage around education in the Humboldt Park Community: Pre-K, elementary, High School, Colleges.
1–25 of 272 items | Next »
Free Certified Nursing Assistant Training at Casa Central
- David Moreno, Feb 13, 2015
- Are you interested in becoming a certified nursing assistant? Casa Central offers FREE training to qualified candidates!
Youth Opportunities at Casa Central
- Denisse Gonzalez, Feb 12, 2015
- Youth Opportunities Unlimited of Casa Central is now enrolling youth ages 14-18!
Sign Up for Small Business Workshop and Learn About the Leadership Development Academy!
- Isaiah Ross, Feb 9, 2015
- Please attend the upcoming Block Club Network Meeting on Tuesday, February 10 at 6 p.m. (Nia Family Center, 744 North Monticello Avenue). We have great presenters for this meeting!
Youth Guidance and Wells Community Academy Chart New Course in 2015
- J. Kirby, Jan 5, 2015
- Creative After-School Programming To Bring Positive Impact to Students & Community
Applications Now Open for Chicago High School Teens Seeking Paid Apprenticeship Programs and Internships with After School Matters®
- Dec 12, 2014
- After School Matters® is now accepting applications for its Spring program cycle. Programs in the arts, communications, science, sports and technology will be offered beginning the week of…
2015 Puerto Rican Tiple Construction Workshop Dates Announced
- Carlos Flores, Dec 11, 2014
- The San Lucas United Church of Christ in Chicago, and the Puerto Rican Cuatro Project have announced the schedule for the 2015 Puerto Rican Tiple Construction Workshop.
Don't Fall Victim to Predatory Lending!
- Yolanda Ruiz, Nov 25, 2014
- Predatory lending harms borrowers by luring them with ambiguous language then ripping them off with high interest rates and broken promises.
Successful Equity Express Training at the Center for Neighborhood Technology
- isaiah ross, Nov 17, 2014
- On October 23rd of 2014, 31 professionals in the nonprofit sector participated in the Equity Express Green Financial Education Train-the-Trainer Program at the Center for Neighborhood Technology…
Mentoring Matters: Making A Difference in the Lives of Youth
- J. Kirby, Nov 13, 2014
- School-based Chicago nonprofit Youth Guidance's Becoming a Man program makes a huge impact in the lives of young men of color.
C4 offers Mental Health First Aid Class in Spanish!
- Community Counseling Centers of Chicago (C4), Nov 7, 2014
- Community Counseling Centers of Chicago (C4) Lanza Primeros Auxilos de Salud Mental (Mental Health First Aid - MHFA) en español
Chicago Cuatro Orchestra presents: Concierto Jibaro Navideño 2014
- Carlos Flores, Nov 3, 2014
- Announcing the Chicago Cuatro Orchestra annual fundraising event entitled, "Concierto Jibaro Navideño 2014", on Saturday December 2, 2014, featuring La Orquesta Jibara De Puerto Rico Dr.…
Taking a Drastic Turn for the Better
- Ellen Lindsey, Oct 22, 2014
- Graduate of Greater West Town's Shipping & Receiving Program tells about overcoming skills deficits and lack of experience, getting a job, advancing in his career, and starting to dream big...
HACIA Scholarship Foundation opens enrollment for free contractor training
- Cristina Aguirre, Oct 16, 2014
- The Hispanic American Construction Industry Association (HACIA) Scholarship Foundation in conjunction with the Institute for Workforce Education at St. Augustine College announced at a Press…
New Divvy Bike Share Stations Coming to West Humboldt Park
- Benjamin Gembler, WHPDC Intern, Oct 9, 2014
- West Humboldt Park residents will soon have another way to get around the neighborhood and take trips to other parts of Chicago. The City of Chicago recently made the announcement that the Divvy Bike…
West Humboldt Park Development Council Revealing of Banners on Chicago Avenue
- Isaiah Ross, Oct 9, 2014
- The West Humboldt Park Special Service Area #63 (SSA), in partnership with Neighborhood Housing Services and the West Humboldt Park Development Council (WHPDC) installed 44 banners along Chicago…
Congressman Luis Gutierrez Celebrates Clemente's 40th
- Aug 18, 2014
- Congressman Luis Gutierrez Celebrates Clemente's 40th
In September 2014, Roberto Clemente Community Academy will celebrate 40 years of providing education to the Humboldt Park community. Join…
City Colleges of Chicago Offers GED Scholarships
- Wilbur Wright College, Aug 5, 2014
- Now available! City Colleges of Chicago 's GED Scholarship cuts the cost of the GED test -- and puts you on the path to better educational and financial opportunities!
Fitness 4 Kids Health Fair targets obesity epidemics
- Nikki Way, Jul 29, 2014
- Association House of Chicago is promoting physical activity and wellness for Humboldt Park children at the annual Fitness 4 Kids Health Fair. The Health Fair empowers youth to lead healthy, active…
FREE Adult Education Classes at St. Joseph Services - Fall 2014
- Iris Millan, Jul 29, 2014
- FREE Adult Education classes for Fall 2014 at St. Joseph Services . Offered are English as a Second Language and Computer Classes. To register or for more information, please contact Juan Ramirez at…
West Side Writing Project students create video about acceptance
- Jul 29, 2014
- WWP students Zyona, Sokia and Shenevin discuss acceptance.
Westside Writing Project's anti-drug event was a success
- Westside Writing Project, Jul 29, 2014
- On Friday, the Westside Writing Project hosted our most successful and maybe, most impactful event thus far! We had a crowd of almost 80 people!
West Humboldt Park: PlayStreets Events 2014
- isaiah ross, Jul 15, 2014
- The West Humboldt Park Development Council (WHPDC) will organize 3 PlayStreets events in the West Humboldt Park Community on the following dates:
Saturday, August 2 – 900 Block of North…
Chicago Latin Jazz Festival back in Humboldt Park
- Carlos Flores, Jul 14, 2014
- The 2014 Chicago Latin Jazz Festival will be held on July 18-19, 2014, at the Humboldt Park Boathouse!
Northwest Food Partners Network’s 1st FREE Food Justice Conference
- Sarah Finkel, Jun 24, 2014
- The Northwest Food Partners Network, (NFPN) a coalition of over 20 agencies that aim to combat hunger, is excited to announce its first 2014 Conference Food for Thought/Food for Life, Empowering…
Why Join a Junior Board?
- Iris Millan, Jun 19, 2014
- The impact a Junior Board can help make to the work of nonprofit organizations in Chicago, as well as what benefits there are in joining one.
1–25 of 272 items | Next »
Log in and tell us what's new in the community. Be a voice for the community!