news and event coverage around education in the Humboldt Park Community: Pre-K, elementary, High School, Colleges.
1–25 of 225 items | Next »
Clemente Students Participate in "Fishbowl" Discussions.
- Apr 21, 2014
- Students in Mr. Van Loon’s AP Literature class participate in weekly “fishbowl” discussions. In a fishbowl, a group of eight to ten students lead the class in a discussion of the…
Chicago Commons Adult Education Health Care Prep Class
- Apr 8, 2014
- A 14 Week Health Care Prep Class designed to help students prepare for various trainings in health care.
Ask a poet/volunteer at Open Books if the pen is mightier than the sword
- Alan D. Busch, Apr 7, 2014
- Community contributing writer Alan D. Busch reminds us that community-based organizations like Open Books offer an invaluable service to our school children by insuring that each and every child has…
Clemente Sophomores Discuss The Great Gatsby
- Apr 7, 2014
- To what degree do authors write themselves into their own work?
What role does "context" play?
Can we ever truly recreate the past?
Should possessions be the basis upon which we measure…
International Baccalaureate More than just a Program
- Alma Diaz, Apr 7, 2014
- The International Baccalaureate Program is a two-year educational program that provides an internationally accepted qualification for entry into higher education, and is accepted by many…
Waiting For A New Beginning
- Apr 7, 2014
- A neighborhood that is in need for help.
Thinking of Starting a Business?
- Tom Otto, Apr 4, 2014
- Are you thinking about startng a business? Starting a business is an exciting proposition, but it’s also an incredibly challenging undertaking.
A Safe or Vulnerable Passage: Perceptions of Safety
- Deja K Spikes, Apr 3, 2014
- At one point, there were nine elementary schools in the Humboldt Park Neighborhood. With the recent school closings, there has been a raise in fear and anxiety about the safety of school children.…
Senior Literature Discussion
- Mar 31, 2014
- This quarter seniors are reading The Sunflower, by Simon Wiesenthal. The book is about Simon, a Jewish man imprisoned in a concentration camp, who is taken one day to the bedside of a dying Nazi…
Clemente Student Awarded Carson Scholarship
- Mar 24, 2014
- The sophomore team is proud to announce Marilyn Gonzalez as a Carson Scholarship recipient! A Carson Scholar must have a GPA of at least a 3.75 and display humanitarian qualities through community…
Clemente Wins Support From Community Leaders
- Mar 17, 2014
- On Friday, March 7th , over 60 community leaders and clergy members gathered at Roberto Clemente Community Academy to learn about the school’s recent transformation and place within a larger…
Clemente Students Prepare for AP Exam
- Mar 11, 2014
- In preparation for the AP exam, Clemente students created an extended response essay identifying and defending a topic of their choice. The objective was to research and gather compelling evidence to…
Clemente Freshman Theater – Sons of the prophet
- Mar 4, 2014
- After weeks of rehearsing, hard work, sweat, and tears, Clemente Wildcat freshman students and upperclass drama students had an exciting experience performing ‘‘Sons of the Prophet”…
Clemente Student becomes Member of All-City Member Band
- Feb 24, 2014
- On Saturday, February 8th, Felisha Rodriguez performed at Schurz High School as a member of the 2013-2014 All-City North Region Band.
TV students produce IB music videos
- Feb 24, 2014
- Students in Mr. Roger Badesch’s CTE Broadcast Technology program are in the middle of producing a music video that exemplifies IB learner profiles. Students ‘blindly’ selected one…
Clemente Seniors Participate in Civics Day
- Feb 17, 2014
- In celebration of Lincoln’s birthday and Presidents' Day, the senior class at Roberto Clemente High School participated in "Civics Day" on Thursday, February 13th.
Aspiring storytellers gather in Humboldt Park
- Libby Juliá-Vázquez, Feb 14, 2014
- Everyone has a story to tell, and through the Smart Communities program, Bickerdike Redevelopment and Open Space at Nellie's help provide the know-how with a writing workshop!
Need a business plan?
- DSBDA (Division Street Business Development Association), Feb 14, 2014
- Five reasons why you need a business plan.
CPS Assembles Latino Advisory Committee to Better Serve Latino Stakeholders
- Feb 10, 2014
- A new CPS created Latino task force is designed to increase engagement with the Latino community and to enhance the educational success of Latino students
Tips for Job Fair Success
- Joe Reaves, Director, Wright College Career Planning & Placement Center, Feb 7, 2014
- On Friday, February 14, 2014, from 9am-1pm, Wright College will host a Manufacturing and Healthcare Careers Job Fair at its Humboldt Park location, the Humboldt Park Vocational Education Center. Here…
FREE Cooking Classes
- Megan Hinchy, Jan 22, 2014
- Are you interested in cooking? Are you tired of making your family the same meals over and over again? Do you like things that are free? If you answered yes then you need to come join us for our free…
THE 2014 Puerto Rican Tiple Construction Workshop announces date for 2014 workshop session
- Carlos Flores, Jan 22, 2014
- The 2014 Puerto Rican Tiple Construction Workshop announces dates for upcoming workshop.
City Colleges Announces Increase in Graduation Rate, Completion Rate
- City Colleges of Chicago, Jan 15, 2014
- City Colleges of Chicago announced today that the City Colleges’ graduation rate has nearly doubled since its Reinvention initiative launched in 2010, reaching 13% in FY2013. The total number…
Clemente Senior In All City Portfolio Exhibition
- Jan 13, 2014
- Senior Shavonne M. will have her artwork displayed for the 2014 All City Senior Portfolio Exhibition. The Senior Portfolio exhibition is an opportunity to showcase the work that graduating seniors…
Summer Internship opportunity at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Jan 8, 2014
- Great summer internship opportunity for college students.
1–25 of 225 items | Next »
Tell us what's new in the community. You can even become an author and become a regular contributor to this portal.