1–25 of 50 items | Next »
“Turkey Chop”- a cutting-edge dining alternative to help food desert problem
- Stephanie Vazquez, Nov 12, 2013
- Turkey Chop gives a healthier dining experience to Humboldt Park visitors and residents as well as has a desire to create job awareness and inspiration.
Bikes and Business Boom
- Nov 12, 2013
- Did you ever thing that adding bikes to the community of Humboldt Park could increase the succuess of local businesses?
Life Shines Throughout The Puerto Rican Cultural Center
- Molly McCoy, Nov 12, 2013
- The Puerto Rican Cultural Center continues to display community involvement and support.
Schools in Humboldt
- DBT, Nov 12, 2013
- An opinion on schools, focusing on the Charter Schools vs. Public Schools
To Solve Paralysis
- Nov 12, 2013
- A connection between education and business.
Muévete: Shaking Up Health Culture in Humboldt Park
- Cristian E. Nuno, Nov 10, 2013
- Find out how the Greater Humboldt Park Community Diabetes Empowerment Center is making a positive difference in the Humboldt Park community in getting citizens to re-think their perspective on health…
Highlights from the Westside Writing Project News Show on CAN TV-21
- Gwen Pepin, Jul 10, 2013
- WWP students Gwen Pepin and Richard Marion recently wrapped up their latest run on CAN TV hosting the Westside Writing Project New Show. Here are some hot topics they covered and highlights from the…
The Westside Writing Project on WBEZ's Afternoon Shift
- Jun 19, 2013
- WWP students Gwen Pepin and Richard Marion appeared on WBEZ's Afternoon Shift program Monday, June 17th.
CPS Latest Round of School Closings
- May 30, 2013
- WWP students Gwen Pepin, Njari Gayles and Richard Marion recently completed a video discussing the recent CPS decision to close 50 schools. The decision represented the largest school closing…
Be the change you want to see in the world with 4 easy questions
- Libby Juliá-Vázquez, Apr 30, 2013
- The world needs volunteers! The key to a successful volunteer experience is being knowing yourself. Once you have an understanding of what you want to do, you can make an informed decision about…
Surveys being conducted.
- Apr 19, 2013
- The Adler School wnats to hear from people about employment, arrest records,and well-being.
To Bigotry No Sanction, To Persecution No Assistance
- Alan D. Busch, Feb 28, 2013
- The author addresses some key social and educational issues that will have an important impact upon our children and our children's children.
An Open Letter to Mr. Rahm Emanuel, Mayor of The City of Chicago
- Alan D. Busch, Feb 19, 2013
- The author addresses the urgent question of guns and gang violence in Chicago where just this past Friday, February 15, 2013, Clemente senior Frances Colon was shot and killed. The author asks Mayor…
Saving On Energy Can Be Done
- Thomas Amal, Oct 1, 2012
- The Citizens Utility Board has media advisory..Take action fast..
Active Member in The Community
- Betsy Santiago, Sep 17, 2012
- Mrs. Irma Diaz, Social Service Director
My 2012 Summer & the Chick Fil A Controversy
- Gwen Pepin, Aug 30, 2012
- WWP student Gwen Pepin reflects on her summer with the Westside Writing Project and reports on the current controversy that surrounds the fast food chain Chick Fil A.
Social Media Discussion
- Aug 16, 2012
- WWP students Richard Marion, Gwen Pepin and Marcus Johnson discuss the advantages and disadvantages of social media.
POST from EVERYBLOCK website: Bloomingdale Trail, private property?
- posted by Enrique Salgado, Jr. original to EveryBlock, Aug 9, 2012
- SEEN THIS POST AND FELT THE NEED TO SHARE SINCE MOST DO NOT KNOW ANSWER TO THIS: Saturday evening I was running on the Bloomingdale trail and a cop car drove up to me and told me I wasn't allowed to…
Univision reconoce Dr. José López un Líder en Acción
- posted by Enrique Salgado, Jr original to univision.com, Aug 8, 2012
- Profesor universitario, líder comunitario y gestor cultural en Humboldt Park hacen del Dr. José López un líder en acción
Mental Illness In The U.S. Is Real
- Thomas Amal, Aug 1, 2012
- As a former employee of a psychiatric hospital and knowing people that have been diagnosed with mental conditions consisting of bipolar, borderline personality disorder, schizophrenia and etc I have…
My First Week with the Westside Writing Project
- Kaira Simpkins, Jul 31, 2012
- WWP student Kaira Simpkins reports on the pros and cons of going to school in downtown Chicago.
Decriminalize Marijuana in Chicago
- Change.org Started by: Jim Gierach, Chicago, IL, Jun 27, 2012
- This Wednesday, Chicago City Council could vote to decriminalize minor marijuana possession. Jim says it will allow police to focus on serious crime -- tell the council to support the proposal.
A New Day for Roberto Clemente
- Joe Moreno Alderman, Chicago’s 1st Ward original to Huffingtonpost.com, Jun 25, 2012
- One of the most storied high schools in Chicago is finally about to get a fresh start. In a press conference tomorrow (Thursday), we will announce that Clemente is going to be one of the first in the…
HUMBOLDT PARK CARDINALS LITTLE LEAGUE
- Betsy Santiago, Jun 25, 2012
- Coach Andrell Holloway, and Assistant coach Johnny Santana with volunteers
giving the players a pep talk before the game.
Puerto Rican Political Prisoner Oscar López Rivera Present at Puerto Rican People's Parade
- Alejandro Luis Molina, Jun 21, 2012
- Oscar López Rivera was present at the 34th Annual Peoples Parade, as a NBHRN member, Peter Vale, donned the giant Oscar puppet head constructed last year and was in the makeshift cell mounted…
1–25 of 50 items | Next »
Tell us what's new in the community. You can even become an author and become a regular contributor to this portal.