1–25 of 58 items | Next »
Are Chicago's revitalizing Neighborhoods embarking on "a Harlem experience"
- Enrique Salgado Jr, Sep 11, 2015
- Some Chicago neighborhoods in recent years have begun to experience "revitalization". In many of those communities the struggle for revitalization has been hand in hand with the struggle against…
Writing beyond the classroom: UIC students write Op-ed for the Portal
- Apr 30, 2014
- Why should the audience of a student’s essay be limited to the classroom? The understanding that knowledge and learning should be shared with the wider community, led Professor Ivis Garcia…
Key Methods of Transportation Not Available
- Freddie Andrade, Apr 10, 2014
- A look at a couple of transportation methods that are not present in Humboldt Park and why the community should have them.
Transit Expansion to Counter Population Decline
- Michael Whalen, Apr 8, 2014
- Humboldt Park's declining population could be slowed or reverse with a bus rapid transit route on North Avenue.
Who else feels Humboldt needs a CTA bus upgrade?
- Adam Foxman, Apr 8, 2014
- The existing problem of the infrequency of CTA buses around Humboldt Park.
Growing a Healthier Community
- Jovana Ljuboje, Apr 7, 2014
- An opinion piece on how Dr. Pedro Albizu Campos High School is improving the Humboldt Park area and how the green rooftop built in is making a difference within the community.
Where do you shop?
- Jud Mustapha, Apr 7, 2014
- Why is shopping locally important? What does WHPDC do to help Humboldt Park?
Weathering the Winter: Ways to Keep Warm while preventing your own storm
- Chante' K.R. Gamby, Mar 5, 2014
- A great contribution from a The Art of Storytelling workshop participant.
“Turkey Chop”- a cutting-edge dining alternative to help food desert problem
- Stephanie Vazquez, Nov 12, 2013
- Turkey Chop gives a healthier dining experience to Humboldt Park visitors and residents as well as has a desire to create job awareness and inspiration.
Bikes and Business Boom
- Nov 12, 2013
- Did you ever thing that adding bikes to the community of Humboldt Park could increase the succuess of local businesses?
Life Shines Throughout The Puerto Rican Cultural Center
- Molly McCoy, Nov 12, 2013
- The Puerto Rican Cultural Center continues to display community involvement and support.
Schools in Humboldt
- DBT, Nov 12, 2013
- An opinion on schools, focusing on the Charter Schools vs. Public Schools
To Solve Paralysis
- Nov 12, 2013
- A connection between education and business.
Muévete: Shaking Up Health Culture in Humboldt Park
- Cristian E. Nuno, Nov 10, 2013
- Find out how the Greater Humboldt Park Community Diabetes Empowerment Center is making a positive difference in the Humboldt Park community in getting citizens to re-think their perspective on health…
Highlights from the Westside Writing Project News Show on CAN TV-21
- Gwen Pepin, Jul 10, 2013
- WWP students Gwen Pepin and Richard Marion recently wrapped up their latest run on CAN TV hosting the Westside Writing Project New Show. Here are some hot topics they covered and highlights from the…
The Westside Writing Project on WBEZ's Afternoon Shift
- Jun 19, 2013
- WWP students Gwen Pepin and Richard Marion appeared on WBEZ's Afternoon Shift program Monday, June 17th.
CPS Latest Round of School Closings
- May 30, 2013
- WWP students Gwen Pepin, Njari Gayles and Richard Marion recently completed a video discussing the recent CPS decision to close 50 schools. The decision represented the largest school closing…
Be the change you want to see in the world with 4 easy questions
- Libby Juliá-Vázquez, Apr 30, 2013
- The world needs volunteers! The key to a successful volunteer experience is being knowing yourself. Once you have an understanding of what you want to do, you can make an informed decision about…
Surveys being conducted.
- Apr 19, 2013
- The Adler School wnats to hear from people about employment, arrest records,and well-being.
To Bigotry No Sanction, To Persecution No Assistance
- Alan D. Busch, Feb 28, 2013
- The author addresses some key social and educational issues that will have an important impact upon our children and our children's children.
An Open Letter to Mr. Rahm Emanuel, Mayor of The City of Chicago
- Alan D. Busch, Feb 19, 2013
- The author addresses the urgent question of guns and gang violence in Chicago where just this past Friday, February 15, 2013, Clemente senior Frances Colon was shot and killed. The author asks Mayor…
Saving On Energy Can Be Done
- Thomas Amal, Oct 1, 2012
- The Citizens Utility Board has media advisory..Take action fast..
Active Member in The Community
- Betsy Santiago, Sep 17, 2012
- Mrs. Irma Diaz, Social Service Director
My 2012 Summer & the Chick Fil A Controversy
- Gwen Pepin, Aug 30, 2012
- WWP student Gwen Pepin reflects on her summer with the Westside Writing Project and reports on the current controversy that surrounds the fast food chain Chick Fil A.
Social Media Discussion
- Aug 16, 2012
- WWP students Richard Marion, Gwen Pepin and Marcus Johnson discuss the advantages and disadvantages of social media.
1–25 of 58 items | Next »
Log in and tell us what's new in the community. Be a voice for the community!