Arts and Culture
1–25 of 112 items | Next »
The Chicago Cuatro Orchestra Presents “Concierto Navideno”
- Carlos Flores, Dec 3, 2013
- Invitation to attend the Chicago Cuatro Orchestra fundraising event entitled, "Concierto Navideño", on December 14, 2013, at the North-Grand High School Auditorium.
Redmoon Seeks Community-Based Organizations to Partner for the Great Chicago Fire Festival
- Nov 25, 2013
- A CALL FOR COMMUNITY GROUPS: REDMOON Seeks Community-Based Organizations to Submit Proposals to be Partners for the GREAT CHICAGO FIRE FESTIVAL
Life Shines Throughout The Puerto Rican Cultural Center
- Molly McCoy, Nov 12, 2013
- The Puerto Rican Cultural Center continues to display community involvement and support.
Humboldt Park growing and developing
- Chelsea Bond, Nov 11, 2013
- Explore and learn how Humboldt Park has evolved over the years through culture.
Journey Into the Unknown
- Magaly Flores, Nov 8, 2013
- Where to go if you are new to the culture rich Humboldt Park neighborhood.
Free Healthy Halloween Event in West Humboldt Park
- Megan Hinchy, Oct 18, 2013
- Are you looking for a FUN, SAFE, and FREE Halloween Event? Well, look no further! The West Humboldt Park Development Council presents Healthy Halloween 2013.
Orlando Rivera: A true cultural warrior in Chicago's Puerto Rican community
- Carlos Flores, Oct 10, 2013
- Orlando Rivera, music educator and Director of the Chicago Cuatro Orchestra, to Chicago's Puerto Rican/Latino youth from the West Town/Humboldt Park community. Two decades of commitment, dedication,…
Book reception and signing with Cong. Luis V. Gutiérrez Saturday, Sept. 28th, 11am
- Alejandro Luis Molina, Sep 22, 2013
- Beloved by the immigrants and working people whose rights he has championed, eleven-term Congressman Luis Gutierrez is, among Latinos and along with Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, the most…
Free West Humboldt Park Wellness Party
- Isaiah Ross, Sep 13, 2013
- “Quit Cheating on Your Health: commit to yourself” provides a “beneath the surface look” at how and why women turn to unhealthy choices to satisfy their hunger for a happy…
Come Take A Walk In Our Gardens!
- Sarah Finkel, Sep 5, 2013
- Growing Pride of Humboldt Park is a network of gardens in the greater Humboldt Area. This Saturday, September 7, we are featuring some of our gardening community in a garden walk! The walk or bike…
The 2013 Puerto Rican Tiple Construction Workshop - A Complete Success
- Carlos Flores, Aug 27, 2013
- 2013 was another successful year for the Puerto Rican Tiple Construction Workshop, which took place on June 17-23, 2013, at the facilities of the San Lucas United Church of Christ, in Humboldt Park,…
Rehabbed, Restored, and Re-Rooted
- Alma Zamudio, Aug 12, 2013
- Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA) will be celebrating the restoration of Borinquen Bella, 47 units of Affordable Housing and the restoration of two historical murals Hector Duarte's…
Story Corps @ your Library Visits Humboldt Park
- Sarah Tansley, Aug 5, 2013
- Tell your Chicago migration story with StoryCorps @ you Library 8/14 & 8/17 at the Humboldt Park Branch Library.
Free! Cooking Matters Classes: The Dish on Diabetes
- Isaiah Ross, Jul 29, 2013
- Free, healthy cooking classes begin on September 16, 2013, at Turkey Chop Gourmet Grill, 3506 West Chicago Avenue. Learn about healthy food choices and cooking options to manage and prevent diabetes.…
Volunteer for West Humboldt Park Summer PlayStreets Events!
- Isaiah Ross, Jul 23, 2013
- Summer PlayStreets 2013 is an initiative, which aims to activate city streets and outdoor public spaces to promote physical activity and safe play spaces for children and adults. As part of the…
Humboldt Park Mural Arts Program featured on Chicago's ABC7
- Jul 22, 2013
- Chicago's ABC7 highlights the Humboldt Park Mural Arts Program (HPMAP) and archi-treasures!
7th Chicago Latin Jazz Festival – July 19-20, 2013, Humboldt Park Boathouse
- Carlos Flores, Jul 18, 2013
- The 7th Chicago Latin jazz Festival will be held on July 19-20, 2013, at the Humboldt Park Boathouse, 1359 North Sacramento. The festival will feature world renowned Jazz musicians, as well as…
Chicago Summer Of Learning Jumps Off At The Library
- Jun 26, 2013
- Start learning; start earning. Richard M Daley Library connects youth with citywide learning opportunities.
The Westside Writing Project on WBEZ's Afternoon Shift
- Jun 19, 2013
- WWP students Gwen Pepin and Richard Marion appeared on WBEZ's Afternoon Shift program Monday, June 17th.
ComEd Offers Customers Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences in “Coolest Summer Ever” Promotion
- Jun 18, 2013
- ComEd announces a social media contest during the summer offering a wide variety of prizes. ComEd's Coolest Summer Ever starts June 17 and lasts until Spetember 1. Visit www.facebook.com/ComEd .
Humboldt Park Healthy Readers Kicks Off In Style
- Christy Prahl, May 28, 2013
- The west Humboldt Park Healthy Readers book group benefitted from the wisdom of nearly 50 women during its first gathering at the Richard M. Daley library branch.
Calling All Middle School Music Makers
- YOUmedia, May 15, 2013
- YOUmedia hosts free workshops in Richard M. Daley library
Piccolo Elementary Specialty School
- May 11, 2013
- The Westside Writing Project (WWP) recently partnered with Brian Piccolo Elementary School in West Humboldt Park in hosting its first Script Writing Competition. The competition challenged students…
Funding opportunity: capacity building grants for culturally diverse arts organizations
- marcia festen, Apr 15, 2013
- The Arts Work Fund invites proposals from multi-cultural and culturally-specific arts organizations that have not previously received a grant from the Fund.
"De Nuestras Manos, Sale Un Tiple A Cantar" [video]
- Carlos Flores, Apr 12, 2013
- The video "De Nuestras Manos, Sale Un Tiple A Cantar", provides the essence of the Puerto Rican Tile Construction Workshop by showing the workshop that took place in 2008. The 2013 Puerto Rican…
1–25 of 112 items | Next »
Tell us what's new in the community. You can even become an author and become a regular contributor to this portal.