Crime and Public Safety
1–25 of 73 items | Next »
Settling for Misconduct: An Exploration of the Chicago Reporter’s Interactive Database of Police Misconduct Cases
- Valerie F. Leonard, Nov 17, 2016
- Susan Smith Richardson, the Editor and Publisher of The Chicago Reporter , will be a guest on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, November 21, 2016, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30…
Ombudsman Chicago takes a multi-layer approach to violence prevention
- Jun 8, 2015
- Violence in Chicago is a complex, often oversimplified problem; and for many teens, it is a daily reality. As the school year comes to a close and Chicagoans prepare for the warmer and historically…
Annual Compassion Parade to End Violence
- Isaiah Ross, Apr 1, 2015
- The Fourth Annual Compassion Parade will be held on Saturday April 18, 2015. The parade will begin at 10:00 AM and all volunteers/participants are encouraged to arrive at 9:45 AM for the parade…
Humboldt Park NCP Task Force meets to discuss Public Safety
- Feb 9, 2015
- Humboldt Park NCP Task Force members filled the Bickerdike Community Room to discuss the pressing issue of public safety in Humboldt Park.
Successful Equity Express Training at the Center for Neighborhood Technology
- isaiah ross, Nov 17, 2014
- On October 23rd of 2014, 31 professionals in the nonprofit sector participated in the Equity Express Green Financial Education Train-the-Trainer Program at the Center for Neighborhood Technology…
New Divvy Bike Share Stations Coming to West Humboldt Park
- Benjamin Gembler, WHPDC Intern, Oct 9, 2014
- West Humboldt Park residents will soon have another way to get around the neighborhood and take trips to other parts of Chicago. The City of Chicago recently made the announcement that the Divvy Bike…
Summer PlayStreets Events & Block Club Parties in West Humboldt Park
- Isaiah Ross, Oct 9, 2014
- The West Humboldt Park Development Council organized three PlayStreets events in partnership with Gads Hill Center and Block Club Network members for the West Humboldt Park community during the…
West Humboldt Park Development Council Revealing of Banners on Chicago Avenue
- Isaiah Ross, Oct 9, 2014
- The West Humboldt Park Special Service Area #63 (SSA), in partnership with Neighborhood Housing Services and the West Humboldt Park Development Council (WHPDC) installed 44 banners along Chicago…
Villa Summer Jam Block Party
- isaiah r., Jun 23, 2014
- On Sunday, June 23, Villa Chicago, 107.5 W.G.C.I. and Alderman Walter Burnett of the 27th Ward presented the Pre Summer Jam Block Party Against Violence: Peace in The Street event at The Kedzie…
WWP Partners with Medill to Discuss Austin Drug War
- Westside Writing Project, Jun 18, 2014
- The Westside Writing Project and the Social Justice News Nexus, a new journalism project at Medill - Northwestern University are hosting a community event in Austin on Friday, July 25! It is focused…
RFP issued for Security Services for West Humboldt Park SSA #63
- Tom Otto, Jun 5, 2014
- The West Humboldt Park SSA #63 is seeking a full-service security services company to provide security services in the West Humboldt Park Special Service Area (SSA) for the West Humboldt Park…
Attend the 15th Annual Ceasefire Peace Festival in Kells Park!
- isaiah r., May 22, 2014
- Annual CeaseFire Peace Festival on Friday June 6th at 4PM at Kells Park, 3201 W. Chicago Avenue (Chicago Ave. & Kedzie)!
City Officials Praise Safe Passages at Community Forum
- Humboldt Park Youth and Safety Committee, May 2, 2014
- On March 25th, 2014, police commanders (14th, 12th, and 11th district), city alderman (1st, 26th, 27th wards), and CPS officials all proactively met, without the presence of the media, to help…
- Michael Mosqueda, Apr 8, 2014
- Crime in Humboldt Park can be lowered simply through pick up games in the park.
Move towards Restorative Justice in Humboldt Park
- Victor Perez, Apr 8, 2014
- The Humboldt Park community has gone through a lot of change within the last decade including a decreasing crime rate. To continue the decrease in crime and better the community policing must place…
The Safety of Our Children
- Alonnie White, Apr 7, 2014
- What are the Safe Passage signs and routes really doing for our community?
A Safe or Vulnerable Passage: Perceptions of Safety
- Deja K Spikes, Apr 3, 2014
- At one point, there were nine elementary schools in the Humboldt Park Neighborhood. With the recent school closings, there has been a raise in fear and anxiety about the safety of school children.…
How My Impression About The Humboldt Park Neighborhood changed
- Uthman Salaam, Apr 3, 2014
- How a visit to Humboldt Park changed one person's perception of the neighborhood.
Can We Stop Crime?
- Sameer Mujtaba, Nov 11, 2013
- A logical proposal to help reduce crime in Humboldt Park.
Decreasing Crime Rate Across Humboldt Park
- Lucero Garcia, Nov 11, 2013
- Humboldt Park is far from the violent community that it is often perceived as. At some point Humboldt Park was one of the most dangerous places in the city but the crime has drastically decreased…
Safer Streets for All
- Valerie Alba, Nov 11, 2013
- Decline in crime in the area allows people to feel much safer!
Silence is Violence: The Journey of Saving our Streets
- Donesha Owens, Nov 11, 2013
- Community Organizations working together to prevent crime, reduce the violence, and make the Humboldt Park environment a much safer one to live in.
Free Healthy Halloween Event in West Humboldt Park
- Megan Hinchy, Oct 18, 2013
- Are you looking for a FUN, SAFE, and FREE Halloween Event? Well, look no further! The West Humboldt Park Development Council presents Healthy Halloween 2013.
Chicago Plays! Playground Replacement Program Provides New Playground Equipment in West Humboldt Park
- Isaiah Ross, Oct 1, 2013
- The West Humboldt Park Development Council (WHPDC) and The Kells Park Advisory Committee (KPAC) submitted four applications requesting playground equipment replacements as part of the Chicago Plays…
Humboldt Park Safe Passage featured on Chicago Tonight
- Aug 13, 2013
- With two weeks before school begins, Bickerdike leader Magdalene Thurmond and Alderman Moreno are interviewed on Chicago Tonight regarding the Safe Passage program in Humboldt Park.
1–25 of 73 items | Next »
Log in and tell us what's new in the community. Be a voice for the community!