1–25 of 50 items | Next »
Humboldt Park is prime real estate!
- Victoria McClain, Nov 14, 2013
- Humboldt Park is a desirable area because of its close proximity to downtown Chicago, Interstate 290, and the western suburbs.
The Trail to Gentrification
- Nov 12, 2013
- On paper, the Bloomingdale Trail seems like a fantastic plan. It will bring a new green space and win some “green” points for Emanuel's administration. Not only that, but Chicago will be…
"I still want to live here..."
- Ivonne Acosta, Nov 11, 2013
- This is an article I created for my project in my Urban Planning class at UIC.
El Pionero Senior Apartments at North and Pulaski
- North and Pulaski Historical Society, Aug 31, 2013
- After thrifty-eight years of vacancy, ground has finally broken on a 72 unit affordable senior's housing development.
Rehabbed, Restored, and Re-Rooted
- Alma Zamudio, Aug 12, 2013
- Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA) will be celebrating the restoration of Borinquen Bella, 47 units of Affordable Housing and the restoration of two historical murals Hector Duarte's…
Grant Money Available for Residential Properties within the Chicago-Central Park TIF
- Tom Otto, Jun 26, 2013
- Grant money for residential properties is available. Come to the July 23 public meeting for more information.
TIF-NIP provides grants for exterior home repairs on single family residential…
Borinquen Bella Apartments in Humboldt Park for rent!
- Latin United Community Housing Association, Jun 25, 2013
- Do you know families looking for apartments? LUCHA is offering newly rehabbed two and three bedroom apartments in its Borinquen Bella properties in Humboldt Park! Stop by 3541 W. North Ave. to apply…
Money Available to Help Small Apartment Building Owners Improve Efficiency
- Jun 24, 2013
- Small Multifamily Buildings
Owners of small multifamily, (two, three, or four unit) buildings are eligible for a FREE assessment today! The free assessment (valued at $400-$600) will provide…
A Micro-Market Miracle on Central Park?
- John McCarron, Mar 13, 2013
- Orlando Graham could buy a house anywhere.
So why is this college-educated, ex-NBA player and successful security executive looking at a red brick two-flat smack in the middle of an entire block of…
Bickerdike featured in Affordable Housing News
- Feb 4, 2013
- "Througout its history, Bickerdike has built 977 affordable rental and co-op units in 123 buildings, as well as 202 home-ownership units. The organization focuses on affordability and durability,…
Year-long rehabilitation project begins at 1704 N. Humboldt Building
- Jan 23, 2013
- Poised to be a model for affordable housing energy efficient retrofits and historic preservation, the rehabilitation of the 1704 N. Humboldt Building is underway.
CHA requires persons on waiting lists to update information
- Bickerdike Communications, Dec 14, 2012
- CHA is currently requiring that all persons on their Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher, and Scattered Sites waiting lists update their information and preferences. Per CHA, this will help them…
Building Community Leadership at Block Club Network Meetings
- Isaiah Ross, Dec 10, 2012
- The Block Club Network Crime and Safety Meetings are heading in a positive direction as Block Club Network (BCN) members facilitate and lead discussion in monthly meetings. Members are enthusiastic…
FIRST, VOTE NO!
- Lisa Andino-Matias, Oct 31, 2012
- House Joint Resolution Constitutional Amendment (HJRCA) 49
A Cinstitutional Roadblock To Retirement Security
Are you involved in deciding the future of your community?
- Libby Juliá-Vázquez, Oct 17, 2012
- A community is defined by its members. A strong community requires members who are actively engaged in creating positive change.
Saving On Energy Can Be Done
- Thomas Amal, Oct 1, 2012
- The Citizens Utility Board has media advisory..Take action fast..
Center for Neighborhood Technology's Energy Impact Illinois program
- Leslie Proudfoot, Aug 30, 2012
- Energy Impact Illinois, an alliance of local organizations, non-profits, and utillities, has significant rebates available to help homeowners lower their energy bills and make their homes more…
Bickerdike Redevelopment Corporation to host Property Tax Appeal Workshop
- Claudia Montoya, Aug 17, 2012
Wicker Park woman offers budget-friendly design services
- Lauren Heist, Jul 9, 2012
- Dina Petrakis, owner of Littlerock Construction, recognized that homeowners were looking for ways to update their homes quickly and inexpensively. So she created Space Lifting — a service that…
Humboldt Construction Company Honors Staff Achievements
- Danegza Cordero and Christy Prahl, Jul 5, 2012
- Humboldt Construction Company gathers with Bickerdike staff and Board to honor hardworking crew members.
US Treasury Official Visits Rosa Parks Apartments and The Green Exchange
- John McCarron, Jun 26, 2012
- Don Graves, executive director of the President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, and deputy assistant secretary for small business, community development and housing policy at the U.S.…
Bickerdike’s Zapata Apartments Offers Smoke Free Housing
- Kemberle Taylor, May 9, 2012
- Can you imagine living in an environment that is completely free of cigarette smoke? Well Bickerdike Redevelopment Corporation (Bickerdike) will soon provide a Smoke Free building at 3230 W Armitage…
Neighborhood Housing Services Featured on WBEZ!
- reposted from WBEZ Chicago, Apr 11, 2012
- WBEZ reports on how Neighborhood Housing Services is tackling the foreclosure crisis in one section of Humboldt Park.
Homeless in Humboldt Park
- By Taylor Ervin, RedEye, Mar 14, 2012
- During the past three years, Humboldt Park has seen a steep increase in the number of youths who have been tossed out onto the street after coming out to their families as gay or lesbian.
Saving Millions of Gallons One Flush at a Time
- Mar 14, 2012
- Humboldt Park joins national effort to send water leaks down the drain
1–25 of 50 items | Next »
Tell us what's new in the community. You can even become an author and become a regular contributor to this portal.