1–25 of 66 items | Next »
The People's TIF's
- Valerie F. Leonard, Jul 1, 2015
- Carolina Gaete and Cecile Carroll DeMello, Co-Directors of Blocks Together, will be guests on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, July 6, 2015, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. …
Bickerdike wins national award for Excellence in Community Impacts
- May 21, 2015
- Bickerdike Wins National Award for Zapata Apartments After 8-Year Logan Square Affordable Housing Campaign
Bickerdike Wins Polk Bros. Foundation Affordable Rental Housing Preservation Award
- Feb 25, 2015
- Bickerdike Redevelopment Corporation won citywide recognition on February 17th for preserving and improving affordable rental units in Humboldt Park’s 1704 N. Humboldt Building.
2014: A look back at Bickerdike's work [video]
- Dec 8, 2014
- The end of 2014 is just days away so it's time to take a look back at what a great year it was for Bickerdike Redevelopment Corporation!
Successful Equity Express Training at the Center for Neighborhood Technology
- isaiah ross, Nov 17, 2014
- On October 23rd of 2014, 31 professionals in the nonprofit sector participated in the Equity Express Green Financial Education Train-the-Trainer Program at the Center for Neighborhood Technology…
The Children’s Place Association Breaks Ground on Affordable Housing for Families with Disabilities
- Daniel Dever, The Children's Place Association, Jul 30, 2014
- The Children’s Place Association announced construction of a new housing development in Chicago to serve low-income families with disabilities.
Northwest Food Partners Network’s 1st FREE Food Justice Conference
- Sarah Finkel, Jun 24, 2014
- The Northwest Food Partners Network, (NFPN) a coalition of over 20 agencies that aim to combat hunger, is excited to announce its first 2014 Conference Food for Thought/Food for Life, Empowering…
Foreclosures and Vacant Properties in the Community
- Apr 10, 2014
- Are foreclosures an issue in Humboldt Park? Then what is being done about them and who is dedicated to this work?
Everyone Deserves A Home
- Sarah Triner, Apr 8, 2014
- The Latin United Community Housing Association is a big contributor to the Humboldt Park Community. They help assist people with affordable housing, while educationg them on the homeownership process.
Transit Expansion to Counter Population Decline
- Michael Whalen, Apr 8, 2014
- Humboldt Park's declining population could be slowed or reverse with a bus rapid transit route on North Avenue.
Impact of Affordable housing
- Lance Bergmann, Apr 7, 2014
- The impact of affordable housing on the Humboldt community.
Will the 606 Destroy the Enclave?
- Harrison Goodridge, Apr 7, 2014
- The 606 brings change to the Humboldt Park residents but are the residents of Humboldt Park prepared?
Humboldt Park affordable housing wins Green award; Now leasing apartments
- Michael Burton, Feb 20, 2014
- Although green amenities are usually associated with luxury housing, a West Humboldt Park development is showing that affordable housing and environmental sustainability can go hand in hand.
Watch for roof damage after winter storms
- Feb 20, 2014
- Snow storms aren't just bad for driving conditions; snow storms can also cause a lot of roofing problems. Here's watch to watch for.
Humboldt Park Ranks #10 on Redfin's List of 10 Hottest Neighborhoods in America
- Reposted from DSNews.com, Jan 16, 2014
- Redfin on Tuesday came out with its annual list of the country's "hottest" neighborhoods. The company ranked 105 neighborhoods across 21 major markets that have grown the most in popularity during…
Keep your home clean the Green way!
- Dec 17, 2013
- Green cleaning is easy and can save you money! Get homemade, chemical-free recipes to replace some of your favorite cleaners.
Humboldt Park is prime real estate!
- Victoria McClain, Nov 14, 2013
- Humboldt Park is a desirable area because of its close proximity to downtown Chicago, Interstate 290, and the western suburbs.
The Trail to Gentrification
- Nov 12, 2013
- On paper, the Bloomingdale Trail seems like a fantastic plan. It will bring a new green space and win some “green” points for Emanuel's administration. Not only that, but Chicago will be…
"I still want to live here..."
- Ivonne Acosta, Nov 11, 2013
- This is an article I created for my project in my Urban Planning class at UIC.
El Pionero Senior Apartments at North and Pulaski
- North and Pulaski Historical Society, Aug 31, 2013
- After thrifty-eight years of vacancy, ground has finally broken on a 72 unit affordable senior's housing development.
Rehabbed, Restored, and Re-Rooted
- Alma Zamudio, Aug 12, 2013
- Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA) will be celebrating the restoration of Borinquen Bella, 47 units of Affordable Housing and the restoration of two historical murals Hector Duarte's…
Grant Money Available for Residential Properties within the Chicago-Central Park TIF
- Tom Otto, Jun 26, 2013
- Grant money for residential properties is available. Come to the July 23 public meeting for more information.
TIF-NIP provides grants for exterior home repairs on single family residential…
Borinquen Bella Apartments in Humboldt Park for rent!
- Latin United Community Housing Association, Jun 25, 2013
- Do you know families looking for apartments? LUCHA is offering newly rehabbed two and three bedroom apartments in its Borinquen Bella properties in Humboldt Park! Stop by 3541 W. North Ave. to apply…
Money Available to Help Small Apartment Building Owners Improve Efficiency
- Jun 24, 2013
- Small Multifamily Buildings
Owners of small multifamily, (two, three, or four unit) buildings are eligible for a FREE assessment today! The free assessment (valued at $400-$600) will provide…
A Micro-Market Miracle on Central Park?
- John McCarron, Mar 13, 2013
- Orlando Graham could buy a house anywhere.
So why is this college-educated, ex-NBA player and successful security executive looking at a red brick two-flat smack in the middle of an entire block of…
1–25 of 66 items | Next »
Log in and tell us what's new in the community. Be a voice for the community!