1–25 of 132 items | Next »
After School Matters Summer Applications Now Open
- Apr 12, 2017
- After School Matters® is now accepting teen applications for its summer 2017 program session. More than 600 programs in the arts, communications, science, sports and technology will be offered at…
ComEd's CONSTRUCT Expands Job Opportunities for Local Minority Candidates
- Apr 7, 2017
- ComEd has brought together 31 construction industry companies, two local utilities, and seven social service agencies to help increase job opportunities for minorities in neighborhoods throughout…
ComEd Presents Record-Breaking Energy Efficiency Check
- Mar 20, 2017
- ComEd presented its largest-ever energy efficiency check to Mariano’s.
Anytime Fitness (North & Western) is Now Open!
- Dec 1, 2016
- Get to a healthier place at Anytime Fitness!
Our Chicago location is now open and we are very excited to get to know the community.
Our first 250 members will have their enrollment fee knocked…
A tradition of being non-traditional
- Ellen Lindsey, Aug 10, 2016
- Maritza, a graduate of Greater West Town Wood Products Manufacturing Program, turns non-traditional skills into a great career, and looks ahead to growing her own business.
Learn More About Growing Solar in Your Neighborhood
- Jun 7, 2016
- Learn more about growing solar energy in Illinois and bringing it into our neighborhoods responsibly to benefit all our communities.
Facade Rebate Program offered in 2016
- T. Otto, Feb 23, 2016
- You may be eligible for a facade rebate of up to 50% of approved costs, maximum of $5,000.
MacCormac College to Host Fourth Annual Comedy Fundraiser
- Feb 16, 2016
- Learn 2 Laugh will star acclaimed comedian James Stephens III and Marc “Skippy” Price.
A Recipe for Revitalizing Chicago’s Commercial Corridors
- Reposted from Next City - Oscar Perry Abello, Feb 9, 2016
- As a restauranteur, Quentin Love has a history of being ahead of the game. He started his first restaurant chain, Quench, 15 years ago on the South Side of Chicago...
LUCHA to Host “77 Proud” Financial Education Resource Fair
- LUCHA, Feb 2, 2016
- Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA) and Chicago City Treasurer Kurt Summers will host a “77 Proud” Financial Education Resource Fair on Saturday, February 6, 2016.
Cutting Corners for Chanel and Cartier
- Ellen Lindsey, Jan 13, 2016
- Asha, a graduate of the Wood Products Manufacturing Program overcomes obstacles to building a career through learning technical skills at Greater West Town.
13 Reasons the IRS Says "No"
- Valerie F. Leonard, Dec 22, 2015
- Valerie F. Leonard, an expert in community and organizational development, recently discussed 13 common reasons the IRS rejects applications for tax exemption on the Nonprofit “U” radio…
Teens aspiring to music careers receive real world experience & advice
- Dec 10, 2015
- Side-by-side with GRAMMY Foundation® professionals whose clientele include artists like Beyonce’, Jason Mraz, Jay Z, Madonna, Pink, and Usher, Chicago teens developed industry skills while…
Starting and Managing a Nonprofit Business in the State of Illinois
- Valerie F. Leonard, Dec 9, 2015
- Tune in to Nonprofit “U” to hear Valerie F. Leonard talk about the ins and outs of starting a nonprofit business in the State of Illinois.
Unique, Participatory Healthy Visioning Process for West Town
- Sep 29, 2015
- Non-traditional planning workshop to guide population health efforts is one of the first in Chicago.
Bro-n-Laws BBQ on Chicago's Best
- T. Otto, Sep 22, 2015
- Ken Johnson's Bro-n-Laws BBQ at 3820 W Chicago Avenue is featured on Chicago's Best television program in this segment which explores the Chicago bar-b-que scene and what makes Bro-n-Laws special.
Updating Your Skills: Success for Nancy at Greater West Town
- Ellen Lindsey, Sep 17, 2015
- Proof positive that adult education works to get people working! Read Nancy's story of success, in celebration of National Adult Education and Family Literacy Week. Then call Greater West Town and…
Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Receives American College of Cardiology Award for Cardiac Care
- Aug 20, 2015
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center(PSMEMC) received the American College of Cardiology’s NCDR ACTION Registry–GWTG Silver Performance Achievement Award for 2015, making…
Englehart Named President and CEO of Presence Health
- Aug 18, 2015
- Englehart Named President and CEO of Presence Health
First Opportunity Fair & Forum Coming to Chicago on Aug. 13, Hosted by Common
- Jul 27, 2015
- A coalition of leading U.S. companies committed to engaging 100,000 young people in jobs, internships, and apprenticeships by 2018.
Let the Sunshine In
- Valerie F. Leonard, Jul 23, 2015
- Shelby Parchman, Director of Programs for Sunshine Enterprises, will be a guest on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, July 27, 2015, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Diamonds in the Rough: Creating Sustainable Businesses in Tough Communities
- Valerie F. Leonard, Jul 21, 2015
- Deer Rehabilitation Services, Inc., and Rodney Brown, Vice President of the New Covenant Community Development Corporation were guests on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on…
Building A Movement: Strengthening the Nonprofit Sector Through Advocacy and Action
- Valerie F. Leonard, Jul 7, 2015
- Eric Weinheimer, President and CEO of the Donors Forum, will be a guest on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, July 13, 2015, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The People's TIF's
- Valerie F. Leonard, Jul 1, 2015
- Carolina Gaete and Cecile Carroll DeMello, Co-Directors of Blocks Together, will be guests on the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show on Monday, July 6, 2015, from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. …
Nonprofit "U" Episode 2: Weathering the Storm
- Valerie F. Leonard, Jun 25, 2015
- In an ongoing effort to help organizations increase their capacity to serve their clients and communities, the Nonprofit “U” radio blog talk show will host its second episode, Weathering…
1–25 of 132 items | Next »
Log in and tell us what's new in the community. Be a voice for the community!