1–25 of 86 items | Next »
One Summer Chicago NOW Accepting Applications!
- Kayla Cormier, Apr 11, 2014
- The Online Application for One Summer Chicago, the city's summer youth employment program, opened April 4 th and will be available until May 16 th . Get Online. Apply. And get ready for a GREAT…
Thinking of Starting a Business?
- Tom Otto, Apr 4, 2014
- Are you thinking about startng a business? Starting a business is an exciting proposition, but it’s also an incredibly challenging undertaking.
New initiative to bring year-round employment opportunities
- Skills for Chicagoland's Future, Mar 28, 2014
- Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, Divvy and Gap Inc. Announce First-of-Its-Kind Seasonal Talent-Sharing Initiative for Unemployed Cook County Job Seekers. Optimum Employment Pilot Program…
Need a business plan?
- DSBDA (Division Street Business Development Association), Feb 14, 2014
- Five reasons why you need a business plan.
Vote! Who has the better Jive Turkey Burger?
- Tom Otto, Feb 3, 2014
- There is a friendly competition brewing between two of our favorite restaurants on the Chicago Avenue corridor:
Bro-N-Laws Bar-B-Q vs. Turkey Chop Gourmet Grill
Join the Team at Turkey Chop
- Quentin Love, Jan 9, 2014
- Do you want to Learn the restaurant business? Turkey Chop is looking for some good candidates to be a part of our internship program. We are looking for individuals with marketing, cooking, serving…
CCLF and WHPFCDC Awarded $250,000 for Partners In Progress Project
- T. Otto, Dec 3, 2013
- One of 13 Organizations Selected by the Citi Foundation and Low Income Investment Fund to Advance the Community “Quarterback” Model
CHICAGO, December 3, 2013 – Chicago…
“Turkey Chop”- a cutting-edge dining alternative to help food desert problem
- Stephanie Vazquez, Nov 12, 2013
- Turkey Chop gives a healthier dining experience to Humboldt Park visitors and residents as well as has a desire to create job awareness and inspiration.
Raising a Neighborhood: The Correlation between Parents and Economic Development
- Christopher Wilson, Nov 12, 2013
- Do parents and the number of family households contribute to economic growth? Christopher Wilson, a studying architect at UIC, examines Census data to compare the numbers.
To Solve Paralysis
- Nov 12, 2013
- A connection between education and business.
Daughter-Mother Team Complete and Compete
- Ellen Lindsey, Nov 11, 2013
- Greater West Town’s Shipping & Receiving and Wood Products Manufacturing Programs get you the skills to compete in today’s job market. Read how a mother-daughter pair took advantage…
Greater West Town Celebrates National Education Week
- Ellen Lindsey, Sep 19, 2013
- Job training and placement experts Greater West Town Training Partnership celebrate National Education Week through new jobs for new graduates
Ride On! Lucky Winner Gets New Bike at MOPED Shop Raffle
- Vicky Lekovish, Aug 22, 2013
- MOPED shop on Chicago's north side celebrates one-year anniversary with raffle of a new moped and other prizes.
ComEd Offers Customers Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences in “Coolest Summer Ever” Promotion
- Jun 18, 2013
- ComEd announces a social media contest during the summer offering a wide variety of prizes. ComEd's Coolest Summer Ever starts June 17 and lasts until Spetember 1. Visit www.facebook.com/ComEd .
WHPDC's Turkey Chop Gourmet Grill Development a Finalist for Urban Land Institute’s Vision Awards
- Tom Otto, Jun 11, 2013
- On June 5, 2013 Chet Jackson, Executive Director at West Humboldt Park Development Council (WHPDC), Tom Otto, Economic Development Planner, and Jimmy Simmons, Board President, attended the Urban Land…
Humboldt Park’s ‘newest’ grocery store
- Apr 23, 2013
- Cermak Produce Fresh Market Celebrates Grand Re-Opening, April 25 to May 1.
Connecting Successfully with the Woodworking Industry in Chicago
- Ellen Lindsey, Greater West Town Project, Mar 25, 2013
- Greater West Town's Woodworkers Training Program has been training low-income community residents in cabinet and furniture making skills and connecting them with local jobs in the woodworking…
Can a restaurant transform a neighborhood?
- Reposted from Chicago Reader, Mar 20, 2013
- Not long after Chet Jackson arrived in West Humboldt Park in 2011, he thought he'd found a way to get the drug dealers off the corners. He'd open a restaurant.
Jackson had just been hired away from…
The Stewards Market: Providing training that will lead to employment
- Mar 11, 2013
- The Stewards Market was recently featured on ABC7 News' Spirit of Giving segment. Where their work to fullfil their mission--"To improve our community's socio-economics through education and…
The crown jewel of the West Side has opened its doors: The Turkey Chop is here!
- Thomas Amal, Feb 27, 2013
- Chicago’s West Humboldt Park welcomes the Turkey Chop ! The newest healthy choice restaurant featuring a variety of non beef and non pork meals.
The combined forces of West Humboldt Park…
Featured Food: El Capitán Restaurant
- Hector Luis Alamo, Jr., Feb 23, 2013
- Humboldt Park restaurant provides authentic Honduran cuisine.
SBIF Funds Available for Companies in Division-Homan TIF
- Tom Otto, Feb 21, 2013
- Attention companies in the Division-Homan TIF District:
Building Improvement Grants are Here!
JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING IMPROVEMENTS
For the first time, the Division-Homan TIF…
Chicago's City Clerk Office is hiring 60 summer interns
- Libby Juliá-Vázquez, Feb 12, 2013
- Many students or recent graduates hit the same frustrating wall when they're looking for jobs: No one will give them a job because they lack experience, and they lack experience because no one will…
Humboldt Park company to make seating for new buses
- Feb 5, 2013
- Local company, Freedman Seating, to produce lightweight seating options to reduce vehicle weight and fuel costs, that are also durable enough to withstand heavy-duty use in all seasons. The seats…
McCormick Tribune YMCA special January Offer
- Jan 16, 2013
- $0 Joiner fee Plus 100 YBucks!
1–25 of 86 items | Next »
Tell us what's new in the community. You can even become an author and become a regular contributor to this portal.
from community blogs
Apr 14, 2014
From Every Person Is a Philosopher
Apr 1, 2014
From La Respuesta
Mar 26, 2014
From La Respuesta
» More local blog news