1–25 of 99 items | Next »
West Humboldt Park Development Council Revealing of Banners on Chicago Avenue
- Isaiah Ross, Oct 9, 2014
- The West Humboldt Park Special Service Area #63 (SSA), in partnership with Neighborhood Housing Services and the West Humboldt Park Development Council (WHPDC) installed 44 banners along Chicago…
Proud to be an Accion Client
- Accion Chicago, Oct 3, 2014
- “I’m proud to be an Accion client and even prouder that they are one of mine!”
Accion and Partners Hosted Small Business Workshop in Aurora
- Accion Chicago, Sep 12, 2014
- Accion Chicago's 2nd annual "How to Get Money for Your Small Business" workshop is a success.
A Bright Future for Bright Endeavors
- Accion Chicago, Aug 28, 2014
- In our latest round of Seed Chicago , Bright Endeavors was able to raise just under $6,000 on Kickstarter to help fund Good Glass Chicago.
OrgaNums Food Healthy Start with Accion Chicago
- Accion Chicago, Aug 21, 2014
- Ashley Rossi, small business owner of OrgaNums Food, gets a fresh start with financing from Accion Chicago.
Accion Chicago Client Story
- Accion Chicago, Jul 14, 2014
- "When I needed to expand, I called Accion." -Martiza Barios de Argueta
Seed Chicago Success Stories
- Accion Chicago, Jul 11, 2014
- Dana Emanuel, Seed Chicago Success Story.
Seed Chicago: Historia de Éxito
- Accion Chicago, Jul 11, 2014
- Dana Emanuel, Seed Chicago Historia de Éxito.
SMART Growth Q&A session regarding grant application to be held in Hermosa
- Jun 18, 2014
- The following is a big opportunity for small community-based arts and cultural organizations to receive a grant from The Chicago Community Trust’s Smart Growth program.
Chicago Allstate Agent Recognized for Outstanding Volunteerism
- Kaitlyn Taylor, Jun 17, 2014
- The Allstate Foundation Grants $1000 to Near North Health Service Corporation
Bethel New Life's Entrepreneurial Training Program - ETP
- Westside Writing Project, Jun 12, 2014
- Bethel New Life's ETP class invited guest speakers to talk to current students and alumni during week 5 of their 12 week program. Check out a video from the event!
Turkey Chop, La Palma Highlighted in Youth-Produced Video
- Jun 11, 2014
- Students in Community TV Network’s summer After School Matters program featured local restaurants Turkey Chop (3506 W Chicago Ave) and La Palma (1340 N Homan Ave ) as a part of a video series…
Apply Now for Summer After School Matters Programs
- May 23, 2014
- Summer is coming in Chicago. Encourage the young people in your life to make it safe and productive by applying for summer programs through After School Matters!
Chicago Teaching Fellows - Application Deadline 4/28/2014
- Apr 23, 2014
- We don’t train teachers—we train great teachers. Learn how you can transform your academic background and professional experience into a high-impact career as a licensed teacher in…
Little City Foster Care Spring Newsletter
- Little City Foster Care, Apr 17, 2014
- As we wait for the weather to catch up with the calendar, Little City’s Foster Care & Adoption Program remains hard at work. We continue to engage with the community, bringing awareness to…
One Summer Chicago NOW Accepting Applications!
- Kayla Cormier, Apr 11, 2014
- The Online Application for One Summer Chicago, the city's summer youth employment program, opened April 4 th and will be available until May 16 th . Get Online. Apply. And get ready for a GREAT…
Where do you shop?
- Jud Mustapha, Apr 7, 2014
- Why is shopping locally important? What does WHPDC do to help Humboldt Park?
Thinking of Starting a Business?
- Tom Otto, Apr 4, 2014
- Are you thinking about startng a business? Starting a business is an exciting proposition, but it’s also an incredibly challenging undertaking.
New initiative to bring year-round employment opportunities
- Skills for Chicagoland's Future, Mar 28, 2014
- Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, Divvy and Gap Inc. Announce First-of-Its-Kind Seasonal Talent-Sharing Initiative for Unemployed Cook County Job Seekers. Optimum Employment Pilot Program…
Need a business plan?
- DSBDA (Division Street Business Development Association), Feb 14, 2014
- Five reasons why you need a business plan.
Vote! Who has the better Jive Turkey Burger?
- Tom Otto, Feb 3, 2014
- There is a friendly competition brewing between two of our favorite restaurants on the Chicago Avenue corridor:
Bro-N-Laws Bar-B-Q vs. Turkey Chop Gourmet Grill
Join the Team at Turkey Chop
- Quentin Love, Jan 9, 2014
- Do you want to Learn the restaurant business? Turkey Chop is looking for some good candidates to be a part of our internship program. We are looking for individuals with marketing, cooking, serving…
CCLF and WHPFCDC Awarded $250,000 for Partners In Progress Project
- T. Otto, Dec 3, 2013
- One of 13 Organizations Selected by the Citi Foundation and Low Income Investment Fund to Advance the Community “Quarterback” Model
CHICAGO, December 3, 2013 – Chicago…
“Turkey Chop”- a cutting-edge dining alternative to help food desert problem
- Stephanie Vazquez, Nov 12, 2013
- Turkey Chop gives a healthier dining experience to Humboldt Park visitors and residents as well as has a desire to create job awareness and inspiration.
Raising a Neighborhood: The Correlation between Parents and Economic Development
- Christopher Wilson, Nov 12, 2013
- Do parents and the number of family households contribute to economic growth? Christopher Wilson, a studying architect at UIC, examines Census data to compare the numbers.
1–25 of 99 items | Next »
Tell us what's new in the community. You can even become an author and become a regular contributor to this portal.