1–25 of 415 items | Next »
ComEd Spotlights Solar Energy in Honor of Hispanic Heritage Month
- Sep 27, 2016
- Solar Spotlight program focuses on teaching Latino high school students about solar energy and STEM careers
Groundbreaking Ceremony for La Casa Norte’s Pierce House and Community Center in Humboldt Park
- Davina Martin, Aug 31, 2016
- Groundbreaking Ceremony for La Casa Norte’s Pierce House and Community Center in Humboldt Park
Cooking Matters at Erie Humboldt Park Health Center
- Aug 4, 2016
- Community members are invited to join Erie patients in free Cooking Matters classes at our Humboldt Park location (2750 W. North Avenue) starting on Thursday, August 18.
2016 Chicago Farmers Markets in Humboldt Park
- Jul 22, 2016
- Learn where and when you can visit Chicago various farmers markets.
Help a child succeed through ChildServ Back to School Backpack Drive
- Jul 20, 2016
- Donate a back pack now thru July 31st and help children be ready for the new school year!
Erie Family Health Center Offers Support Groups for People Affected by Breast Cancer
- Jun 8, 2016
- Starting this month, Erie Family Health Center will offer support groups for people who have been affected by breast cancer.
Learn More About Growing Solar in Your Neighborhood
- Jun 7, 2016
- Learn more about growing solar energy in Illinois and bringing it into our neighborhoods responsibly to benefit all our communities.
16th Barrio Art Fest: Call for Artists/Performers/Food Vendors
- Bianca Ortiz Declet, May 11, 2016
- The National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts & Culture is planning its 16th Annual Barrio Arts Fest!
Help for Community Members with Breast Cancer
- May 3, 2016
- Erie is collaborating with ALAS Wings , the Latina Association for Breast Cancer, to present ALAS on Wheels – The Mobile Salon at Erie Family Health Center’s West Town location.
2016 Puerto Rican Tiple Construction Workshop coming in June
- Carlos Flores, Apr 19, 2016
- Article announcing the dates for the 2016 Puerto Rican Tiple Construction Workshop, which will take place from June 20 - 26, 2016, at the San Lucas United Church of Christ, 2914 West North Avenue. …
Come to the Table and make Humboldt Park Stronger, Safer and More Dynamic
- Apr 18, 2016
- On Tuesday May 10, 2016, thousands of people across the Chicagoland region will gather together over shared meals to discuss ways they can better their communities in a region-wide initiative called…
ComEd Volunteers Help Clean Up Humboldt Park
- Apr 17, 2016
- On Saturday, April 16th, ComEd employees volunteered their time to help clean up Humboldt Park.
Filing Taxes Just Got (A Little Bit) Easier
- Mayra Salazar, Public Affairs, Social Security Administration, Mar 29, 2016
- Social Security makes it easy to obtain a replacement benefit statement.
Calling all aspiring Musicians - 2016 Voices of Orange Talent Competition
- http://everytown.org/ and Street-Level Youth media, Mar 23, 2016
- 2016 Voices of Orange Competition. Entries Due by April 4; Grand Prize Includes $3,000, Opportunity to Perform at the Chicago Party for Peace for National Gun Violence Awareness Day on June 2, 2016.
2016 Chicago Summer Festivals & Events
- Mar 21, 2016
- Check out Chicago events for Summer 2016. Festivals and dates will be added as they become available.
MacCormac College to Host Fourth Annual Comedy Fundraiser
- Feb 16, 2016
- Learn 2 Laugh will star acclaimed comedian James Stephens III and Marc “Skippy” Price.
Humboldt Park Teens Now Have Greater Access to Primary Medical Care
- Feb 12, 2016
- February 10, 2016 – The Erie Teen Center, the Chicago area’s only freestanding health center providing specialized services just for teens and young adults, has moved, is expanding its…
MacCormac College Information Session. You don't want to miss it!
- Kimberly Allen, Feb 11, 2016
- Come learn about academic programs, student life, scholarships, financial aid opportunities, and how to apply for admission to become a student this summer!!
TO REGISTER CALL 312-922-1884 TODAY!!!
LUCHA to Host “77 Proud” Financial Education Resource Fair
- LUCHA, Feb 2, 2016
- Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA) and Chicago City Treasurer Kurt Summers will host a “77 Proud” Financial Education Resource Fair on Saturday, February 6, 2016.
Applications Now Open for Chicago High School Teens- After School Matters®
- Jan 21, 2016
- "After School Matters is committed to positively impacting the lives of Chicago's teens -- our city's next generation of leaders," said Mary Ellen Caron, chief executive officer of After School…
Cutting Corners for Chanel and Cartier
- Ellen Lindsey, Jan 13, 2016
- Asha, a graduate of the Wood Products Manufacturing Program overcomes obstacles to building a career through learning technical skills at Greater West Town.
Gubernatorial candidates unite in calling Obama seeking the release of Oscar López Rivera
- translation by L. Alejandro Molina, Jan 6, 2016
- Producer Tito Román Rivera emphasized that all the candidates were willing to take part in the video and had no qualms with the proposed message (Archive / GFR Media)
Bickerdike Redevelopment's Annual Membership Meeting: 48 years of Building Community Together
- Dec 14, 2015
- Bickerdike wraps up its 48th year and celebrates their 2015 accomplishments.
Teens aspiring to music careers receive real world experience & advice
- Dec 10, 2015
- Side-by-side with GRAMMY Foundation® professionals whose clientele include artists like Beyonce’, Jason Mraz, Jay Z, Madonna, Pink, and Usher, Chicago teens developed industry skills while…
Sharing Community History in a Pop Up Library
- Nell Taylor, Oct 7, 2015
- Rewritable Wicker Park is a Pop Up Library and public program series that will showcase and connect the cultural contributions that generations of community members have made to establish the area…
1–25 of 415 items | Next »
Log in and tell us what's new in the community. Be a voice for the community!