Mercy Home for Boys & Girls Has Openings for High School Young Men 14 to 19 Years Old
- Males ages 14-19
- Typically performing poorly in school (i.e. truancy, failing grades, and conduct issues)
- Having difficulties with peers (i.e. fighting) and talking back to teachers
- Not getting along with parents and siblings (i.e. frequent verbal arguments)
- Experiencing grief due to death of a loved one or divorce
- Experiencing trauma due to violence (i.e. gang violence, domestic violence, and bullying), endemic stress, neglect, and abuse
- And/or involved with a negative peer group(s).
We are a resource and want to help your child have a brighter future. If you know or are someone who fits some of the above criteria, please reach out to us. We are here to help!
Contact us by calling (312) 738-8575 or visit our website to learn more.
What is Mercy Home for Boys & Girls:
Mercy Home for Boys & Girls has been helping children in need since 1887. We provide the young people in our full-time care the tools they need to overcome early trauma and become successful and contributing members of society.
We partner with our children’s families to promote emotional and psychological healing. And we are committed to raising the public’s awareness about children in need.
Mercy Home’s residency program is for young people between the ages of 11 and 21 who live in situations that place extra stress on their health and progress. The common thread that connects our children to Mercy Home is that they have experienced trauma and that they are committed to changing their lives.