It’s time for a paycheck checkup
The IRS encourages everyone to perform a “paycheck checkup” to make sure you have the right amount of federal tax withheld from your paycheck.
Following tax law changes, you can do a paycheck checkup using the IRS’s Withholding Calculator and, if necessary, complete a new W-4 form. The calculator helps determine the right amount of withholding for your personal situation. And the calculator comes in in five foreign languages including Spanish!
You should definitely check your withholding if you:
• are a two-income family
• have two or more jobs at the same time or only work part of the year
• claim credits like the child tax credit
• have dependents age 17 or older
• have itemized deductions in 2017
• have high income or a complex tax return
• have a large tax refund or tax bill for 2017
Visit IRS.gov withholding for details.