2018 West Town Health Market is Open!
The West Town Health Market is back! Join us every week on Thursday from 3-7pm at Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center (2233 W. Division) from June 14 – December 13.
You will find locally grown fruits and vegetables, flowers, organic meats, farm-fresh eggs, organic raw honey, and artisanal skin care products at the market every week! Our market accepts LINK and offers 3-for-1 Matching on all LINK transactions up to $15.
How 3-for-1 Matching works:
- Present your Illinois Link card at the market information tent
- Choose any amount (up to $15) that you would like to charge to your Link account
- Market staff will charge customer account for the desired amount and then provide customer with TRIPLE that amount in market currency
- Customer can use market currency to spend on Link-eligible products at participating vendors
Customer A chooses to charge $10 to their Illinois Link card at the Market Information Tent. Market staff will swipe (debit) the Customer A’s card for $10 and will present the customer with a receipt of the transaction, including account balance. After a successful transaction, Customer A receives $30 in “tokens” which can be spent directly with participating vendors. The same rules that normally apply to Link/SNAP purchases apply at the market.
It is the end of the month and Customer B only has $4 available in their account, but needs to buy tomatoes for a meal that night. Customer B charges $2 to their Illinois Link Card at the Market Information Tent. Market staff will swipe (debit) Customer B’s card for $2 and will present the customer with a receipt of the transaction, including account balance. After a successful transaction, Customer B receives $6 in “tokens” which can be spent directly with participating vendors.
Triple the value of your Link Funds every week at our market from now until December 13th!
For more information, contact Market Manager Hans Kumler at firstname.lastname@example.org or check with a representative from Bickerdike.
- Twin Gardens Farm
- Milk & Honey Farmstead
- The Urban Canopy (fruit & vegetables)
- Puerto Rican Cultural Center (various fruits, vegetables, Sofrito, Coffee)
- Eanest Earth: Urban Farm
- Heyday Urban Farm
- Organic Bread of Heaven
- Soaps by Chad
Rain location: Nazareth Family Health Center gymnasium (1127 N. Oakley).